JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for starting this conversation OldTengu! I just got my strike 80 lower this week. Honestly bought it just to have it but now I'm considering building a G23 since I have a ton of .40. I may have some questions for you in the near future

Thanks for starting this conversation OldTengu! I just got my strike 80 lower this week. Honestly bought it just to have it but now I'm considering building a G23 since I have a ton of .40. I may have some questions for you in the near future
I'll help where I can, but you will certainly be helped more by watching the Marine Gun Builder on YouTube.

Dont use an endmill in a drillpress and try to freehand it, makes for interesting scars.......snip off the tabs instead and then sand them.

I used this magwell, works great:

20210509_011242.jpg

I'm chasing a light reset issue which probably relates to the whittling lol.
You may already know this, but I'll type it out for those new to the Glock system...
Reset quality in a Glock is driven by striker spring power vs. trigger spring power and by type of connector.

Striker spring is the "reset" spring in the Glock, not the trigger spring as many will parrot.
Glock uses a 5lb trigger spring and a 5.5lb striker spring.
This is to ensure that the striker spring wins the "tug o' war" between the 2 springs which pull in opposite directions.

Some will install a 6lb aftermarket trigger spring to lessen pull weight, which it does, but at the cost of "reset quality".
Some aftermarket connectors will take out the "wall", lighten pull weight and degrade reset quality.
And some shooters couldn't care less about reset quality.
For those shooters, none of the above matters. Just give them a light trigger pull weight and no wall.

I like an OEM "Minus" or "Dot" connector, 5lb OEM trigger spring and a striker spring power adjusted to range gun or self-defense gun performance.
The above set-up will yield a defined "wall", crisp reset and pull weight adjusted to type of service wanted.

Thanks for the info DD, it makes total sense. I have both Minus and Dot connectors that I have tried and it made the issue I was having worse at the time. I have traced my trouble to the trigger housing sitting too high and keeping the slide from sitting down enough to properly let the cruciform catch the striker. I will go back to the "-" and "." connectors once I finish the "little at a time" adjustments I am making to the engagement.

Never updated with photos of the p80 g19 build:
View attachment 886049View attachment 886051View attachment 886052View attachment 886053View attachment 886050
this one went together much easier.
Finally got this one to the range today. Ran mostly steel cases Winchester through it, and did have some ammo related issues. No issues at all with brass cased jhp ammo. Put a couple hundred through it. This and the previous build have impressed me quite a bit. I am planning on doing another, potentially in .40.

Finally got this one to the range today. Ran mostly steel cases Winchester through it, and did have some ammo related issues. No issues at all with brass cased jhp ammo. Put a couple hundred through it. This and the previous build have impressed me quite a bit. I am planning on doing another, potentially in .40.
built one in .40, you will like it a lot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top