JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
thinking about getting a few 80% lowers. Which are the best ones to buy? Anyone do their own milling? Thinking about the router jig setup to do my own, but I've never done one. Am I better off having someone do it for me?

Thanks.

I watched one of the videos for that 5D Tactical router jig and it looks well thought-out, definitely better than any other I've seen. If I were to build an 80%, that's what I'd use.
@Ura-Ki, is that the one you've used?

I watched one of the videos for that 5D Tactical router jig and it looks well thought-out, definitely better than any other I've seen. If I were to build an 80%, that's what I'd use.
@Ura-Ki, is that the one you've used?
Yes, I found it to be very easy to use, and it does a great job. Nice and clean with out any if the issues from slow cutting like some of the drill press jobs that can walk a bit and make things loose!

@Ura-Ki, after finishing the lower, did you do anything with the raw aluminum surfaces? I've always wondered what people do to protect that. Is it possible to re-anodize the whole lower or does that cause problems with the already-anodized part of it?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top