JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
thinking about getting a few 80% lowers. Which are the best ones to buy? Anyone do their own milling? Thinking about the router jig setup to do my own, but I've never done one. Am I better off having someone do it for me?

Thanks.

I watched one of the videos for that 5D Tactical router jig and it looks well thought-out, definitely better than any other I've seen. If I were to build an 80%, that's what I'd use.
@Ura-Ki, is that the one you've used?

I watched one of the videos for that 5D Tactical router jig and it looks well thought-out, definitely better than any other I've seen. If I were to build an 80%, that's what I'd use.
@Ura-Ki, is that the one you've used?
Yes, I found it to be very easy to use, and it does a great job. Nice and clean with out any if the issues from slow cutting like some of the drill press jobs that can walk a bit and make things loose!

@Ura-Ki, after finishing the lower, did you do anything with the raw aluminum surfaces? I've always wondered what people do to protect that. Is it possible to re-anodize the whole lower or does that cause problems with the already-anodized part of it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top