JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds more like a kid rifling through a vehicle found a gun and because his mother and father didn't teach him firearm safety he jokingly pointed it at his mom and pulled the trigger.
And the guy letting the snot nosed kid playing in his jeep gets trumped up charges so the city DA can make an example out of him.

Yeah, it should have been locked up.. but those trumped up charges dont change the fact that his parents failed him and he was a sticky fingered kid rambunctious enough to rifle through a vehicles contents, pick up a gun and jokingly aim it at his mother then pull the trigger.

From the limited facts in the article it sounds like the vehicle was a WWII jeep deliberately placed on display for people to get inside of. It sounds like he simply forgot to remove his carry piece. This is a mistake many people could make which is why mine is either strapped to my body or unloaded and locked up.

Ugh. This is a future country music song.
Hey little darlin' please don't think I'm a creep,
Just cause once I shot my momma with a gun I found in a jeep...

This is why gun safety should be taught both at home and in school. 8 is plenty old to to know the rules of gun safety.

But they dont, because that would add a legitimacy and normalization to gun ownership when it must be shunned and ostracized. If it saves one life.....

WWII Jeep, probably no doors or such so it's open, and on display. If it was not roped off with signs, then they were encouraging people to sit in it, take photos and such. Even if it was roped off, and negligent parent allowed kid to go behind and get in, WTF was a loaded gun laying there in the glove box or such? This really is beyond me how some gun owner could be this careless. If the poor old guy had Dementia or such? Then he should not be carrying.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top