Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

700 aac-sd

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sprice37, Jul 2, 2010.

1. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

So I got my new 700 AAC-SD and am trying to decide what to go with first. I plan to do both but am up in the air as to the order. So here it is. Get the AICS or a suppressor? Help me out here. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. sprice37

Wow, 28 views and no help whats up??

3. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

AICS. Get used to shooting it with the new chasis and then when the day comes that you pick up the supressor, you will already have built the important muscle memory, and dialing in your groups will be that much easier. Also, are you looking at going with the 1.5 or the 2.0?

4. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Agreed ++1

5. sprice37

Looking at the 1.5. I have a hard time with the folding part and strength.

6. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

Good choice. I'm also partial to the 1.5. I know they are apples and oranges, but why the AICS 1.5 over something like a McMillan A5? Just wondering.

Oh yeah...

One thing I did fail to think about though is the paper work back log on most class 3 items. I have a friend waiting on a couple cans and it's been just about 5 months now. So you may want to order your supressor first, then during the wait period, save up for the stock and if you work things out right, you may get them both at the same time.

7. sprice37

Pretty much I will not have to wait on the AICS and by the time i put bottom metal on the A5 I am at the same cost virtually.