JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know where the new 7 yard pistol range is? Saw in the newsletter that i have since thrown away that they opened a short distance range built in/out of shipping containers. They said it was near the pistol action ranges (and said u dont need to be action certified). Drove up there and couldn't find anything except the normal shipping containers that are for organizations to store their equipment. Anyone else know?

Action Range Bay 14 is where the 7yd pistol range bays are to be set up. Basically, they have set up a couple storage containers to be self contained 7yd pistol bays. I know Randy Schleining has been working on the bays but I do not know when they will be ready for use.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

So I went there and the two containers I thought they were finally had the doors open. And yes they are to the right or the action bays. Two of the containers (total of 4 lanes) are complete with two more containers to be set up in future. I LOVE IT! Much more realistic handgun shooting in my opinion and much more relaxed shooting with no cold ranges! Highly recommend you guys check it out. I will be going to the 7yd ranges from now on!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418889.854395.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418918.754328.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418936.187781.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418951.504921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418889.854395.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418918.754328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418936.187781.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357418951.504921.jpg

I received a new set of rules too. No HUGE changes except i did notice that they wrote that guests (even experienced shooters) need to shoot when the member is not shooting so that we can supervise our guests.... From what i remember this is a newer rule effective 1-15-13. My fiance who is experienced and knows gun safety goes up there with me every time so i think we will both just keep shooting at same time until a range officer says something to me. I understand this rule for inexperienced shooters coming as your guests but not the experienced ones.

i am not a member of tri county but my father is and i have gone with him for years as a guest... i will become one thes month. On major change is there is no more public shotgun shooting Tuesday or Thursday nights and Sundays. Should free up some room for us shootgun shooters.

I received a new set of rules too. No HUGE changes except i did notice that they wrote that guests (even experienced shooters) need to shoot when the member is not shooting so that we can supervise our guests.... From what i remember this is a newer rule effective 1-15-13. My fiance who is experienced and knows gun safety goes up there with me every time so i think we will both just keep shooting at same time until a range officer says something to me. I understand this rule for inexperienced shooters coming as your guests but not the experienced ones.

Oh, so YOU'RE the guy that rules don't apply to.
Nice.

Ya well to be honest that is not a rule that I think should have changed. Especially at ranges such as conventional pistol.. It's a huge inconvenience especially when your visitor is experienced shooter and there are other shooters that want to reset their targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top