JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't believe I missed this thread for so long... haven't seen a 7.62x51/.308 Galil in this thread, so here's mine....

Its an actual IMI import, and originally bought it back in '94 (or around then) and it looked like this...

100_0391.jpg

Then a couple years ago I got a bur under my arse and restored it to this...

FinishedGalil-3a.jpg
FinishedGalil-1a.jpg

The magazines are rather rare and VERY expensive, so I've taken to making them from M14 mags (Galil on the left)....

100_0398.jpg

The thing shoots smooth as butter and is stupid acurate if you do your part.

richm1stock001.jpg

First Post here. 1941 WRA Garand. 308 Barrell 16" Mini-g, Smith Muzzle Brake, Ultimak Scout Rail, Burris Scout Scope, Burris Xtreme low rings, Burris Fastfire 2, 308 spacer, Ramline sysnthetic stock(until I find something better), Olongapo Outfitter buttstock pouch, adjustable gas plug and Holbrook device. Future mods may include a rail on the bottom of the forend for a AFG 2 and Bipod. I also still need to rig up my V-tac sling. The goal was a do all Garand version of a M1A Socom 16.

richm1stock001.jpg

First Post here. 1941 WRA Garand. 308 Barrell 16" Mini-g, Smith Muzzle Brake, Ultimak Scout Rail, Burris Scout Scope, Burris Xtreme low rings, Burris Fastfire 2, 308 spacer, Ramline sysnthetic stock(until I find something better), Olongapo Outfitter buttstock pouch, adjustable gas plug and Holbrook device. Future mods may include a rail on the bottom of the forend for a AFG 2 and Bipod. I also still need to rig up my V-tac sling. The goal was a do all Garand version of a M1A Socom 16.

:s0155: VERY nice! :s0155:

Damn. Is this a Shufflin conversion? I use mil-surp 40mm grenade LBE vests for my Garands. Bears 18 clips. Less than $25.

It is. I personally run plate carriers and IBA's and attach pouches to them. Olongapo has pouches that can attach to molle. Easier to just grab the Plate carrier with ammo, water and medical pack....just like I do at work lol.

About the scope and red dot?

I initially was going to go with a Tri-power/Aimpoint mounted low that co-witnessed with the Irons in the lower 1/5 or so(if I have problems with this set up I will sell it off and do excatly that) but after looking at a bunch of 3 gun type rifles I decided to give this a shot. The scope is for 100-300 meter hunting type situations and the red dot is for CQB/snap shots under 50 Meters. My only worry is the cheekweld on the red dot at that height but I didn't want to give up weakside transitioning just yet. I have a 45 degree mount to put the red dot at a cant as a comprimise that I may try if I can't handle it that high. I hate to hijack the thread maybe I should have posted this rifle seperate.

I owned a Polytech m14 once and shot for a while but people always referred to it as the "chinese copy" so I finally broke down and bought a Springfield Armory M1a. To make a long story short. My Polly outshot the Springfield. Hmmm How can that be. Maybe the Polly was one in a hundred or the Springfield is just a so so one but for whatever reason If anyone tries to tell you the Pollies don't shoot then tell them to stuff it. I've regretted selling the Polly ever since. Maybe with some tweaking I can get this one to shoot so I'm not giving up. And It doesn't shoot that bad really. It's doing 2 inch groups at 100 with a scope. I can live with that. But the poly was doing better then that by a little. About 1 1/2 Ammo could easily make the difference so I'm not bad mouthing the Springfield it's just the Pollies have always taken a beating because of the China thing I thought I would throw that in. Hang on to your Pollies!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top