JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know I started this as a 7.62x39mm thread but it's also a 450 Bushmaster thread too. I was having a feeding problem with my 450 feeding the next round thre the AR-Stoner mags. I decided to try hotter loads so I made some more cartridges up with 1.6 to 2 grains more of Lil Gun and that seems to have solved the feeding issues. More power. They fed fine today. Incase anyone else has issues, this seemed to worked for me. Really like that 450 Bushmaster. All I have are 5 round mags but it's fun. Now on to the 7.62x39mm. Have a good one!

Really like that 450 Bushmaster. All I have are 5 round mags but it's fun. Now on to the 7.62x39mm. Have a good one!
I dunno that you would want larger than a 5rd mag for the bushmaster. Those rounds are definitely a bit spendy and 5rds occupies the space of a 10rd 5.56 mag. Reloading is certainly cheaper but retail is over $1/rd for those things. One of the reasons I didn't get into that round.

or maybe you do...if they ever do succeed in banning 30rd mags you can say they're 10rd mags of 450BM :p

They do make a 10 round but they were all sold out when I started this project. Like you said, 5 is enough. I've never bought factory loads for the 450 as I pretty much make my own except for 9mm. Initial cost for the 450 isn't cheap with new brass but after that they're considerably less.

Not to hijack the thread...but hijacking it so here goes.

Anyone ever thought of straightening out the taper on the 7.62x39 case and putting a boxer primer on it? On a AR platform, it should be just a magazine change from standard 7.62x39 AR-15. Is there something about the taper design for the SKS or AK?

Not to hijack the thread...but hijacking it so here goes.

Anyone ever thought of straightening out the taper on the 7.62x39 case and putting a boxer primer on it? On a AR platform, it should be just a magazine change from standard 7.62x39 AR-15. Is there something about the taper design for the SKS or AK?
Its tapered so carbon build up and such won't affect feeding too much. However, there's no point in straightening out the taper, might as well just get .300 BLK instead.

indeed. If you want a straight cased 30 cal with identical ballistics to 7.62x39..just get a 300blk. Otherwise get a banana mag made by c-products, get some cheap 7.62x39 ammo, load up and have some fun at the range :s0003:

Last Edited:
When I was considering the 300 blk I didn' considert the 7.62x39 due to the mag curve (it kinda looks silly on a pistol, IMO}. But if there were a non-tapered reloadable 7.62x39, then I would seriously consider it - shoot premium reloadable non-tapered rounds for hunting and cheaper Russian stuff for plinking just by switching mags.

But, I ended up buying neither and went with the Grendel.

if you like reloading: 300blk is good.
if you can't be bothered with reloading and don't mind steel cased ammo: 7.62x39 is great.

btw 6.5 grendel feeds better out of a banana mag for higher capacities... ;) 28rd 7.62x39 mag will hold and feed 27rds of grendel... 30rd 7.62x39 mag will hold and feed 29rds of 6.5 grendel.

I bought 76239 because it so cheap, available and can be used on big game like deer. even elk up close. 30/30 ballistics.
I just don't see the reason for 300BLK.
The complete kit for 319 and I had a stripped lower laying around. got a Nikon M1-4.5 on clearance ands some used P rings. I'm about 500$ into it .
here is the link for upper I got.
AR-15 Rifle Kit - 16" / 7.62 x 39 / 1:10 / 13" CBC Arms Gen 2 Keymod AR-15 Handguard / Rail / Bolt Carrier Group / Charging Handle / AR-15 Buttstock Kit / Buffer Tube Kit / AR-15 Lower Parts Kit | CBC Precision AR's

and mine
FXSTcQk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews