JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own both and as an earlier poster so accurately stated: 686 for range and the woods, K6s for CC. The K6s has a great trigger and they are finely finished with no sharp edges and good sights for CC. 25-6 ozs and I own a 3" DA/SA and I carry it in holsters made for the Ruger 3" SP 101. I use the HKS Dectective Special /DS speedloaders and I carry the Remington Golden Saber 125 grain 1250fps load and it shoots to POA. Great action and trigger pull and six rounds and a drift adjustable rear sight. My favorite small 357 revolver, the K6. And No it has been and continues to be a reliable shooter. Carries like a 3" SP101.

DSCF0759 (2).JPG

I have both, the kimber's satin finish does not fingerprint like the 686, the k6 is also the narrowest 6 shot .357 on the market.

Both firearms are high quality fit and finish.

I shot both today and while shooting the 686 double action, one round had a real gritty notchy action. I suspect this is due to the non recessed cylinder.
I have no regrets with the Smith but do agree with others to purchase an older model with the recessed cylinder.

I shot both today and while shooting the 686 double action, one round had a real gritty notchy action. I suspect this is due to the non recessed cylinder.
I have no regrets with the Smith but do agree with others to purchase an older model with the recessed cylinder.
It well could have been a grain of unburned powder under the star or something from keeping a round from seating fully.

My vote is for the 686. A few years ago I found one on sale, $784 for a 2.5 inch 686 plus. Ya it's a chunk but when you shoot a nice .357 mag load out of it, you want that weight. I don't know how people shoot a snub 500 lol. I wish my revolver was a 3 inch with a ported barrel, but I'm still very happy with my magnum.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top