JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So from my perspective, there are not dead cartridges, just guns in drawers you can't buy ammo for at Calbelas. I go to gun shows selling my ammo so converse with people looking to buy ammo... 41 Mag is another that when I make it, it all sells.
One of my former LGS guys had a licensed ammo manufacturer in his shop. He gave reloading seminars and would build you whatever you needed out of new components, for a minimum of 100 rounds. More and he would discount appropriately. He would include the load data on the new plastic cases and it was much cheaper the boxed stuff. He always had 100 round baggies of .45, .38. .357, and 9mm. Never any premade rifle ammo. At one time there was a delay in .41 delivery because new brass was hard to get or not readily available. PAX

One of my former LGS guys had a licensed ammo manufacturer in his shop. He gave reloading seminars and would build you whatever you needed out of new components, for a minimum of 100 rounds. More and he would discount appropriately. He would include the load data on the new plastic cases and it was much cheaper the boxed stuff. He always had 100 round baggies of .45, .38. .357, and 9mm. Never any premade rifle ammo. At one time there was a delay in .41 delivery because new brass was hard to get or not readily available. PAX
I'm on back order for 41 Mag brass again. I waited 6 or 7 months for 30 Carbine brass to be available again. I finally got 4000 cases and it's all sold.

Here's caliber that I'll be making in the next week or two. 38 S&W, just a bit different than 38 Special, it takes a .361dia bullet. I'll be loading the 145gr RN to two OAL's one for the American 38 S&W , also called the 38 Colt New Police, (1.070) and one for the British 38/200. (1.175) I have a Webley break top 38/200 as my test fixture.

dvy4bu04j6ya1.jpg

I guess it was a good thing I was born many decades before the .40 came out?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top