JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
A friend of mine got me started on the Grendel's a couple of years ago. I was skeptical at first, but the great performance quickly converted me. I now own a couple of them and think the Grendel is a wonderful cartridge.

At the practical rifle matches, I have found that the 120/123 grain Grendel ammo has about 20% more recoil than my 69 grain 5.56x45 loads, but hits the steel plates with about 80% of the energy of a .308. I think the Grendel is the best compromise between the low recoil of the 5.56x45, and the increased downrange energy of the 7.62x39 (due to the heavier bullet). The Grendel bullet is about the same weight as the 7.62x39, with less perceived recoil, FAR more accuracy and much less wind drift than either the 5.56, or the 7.62x39.

Just in case you are wondering, I don't even know the person who posted this for sale ad.

Who is the maker of the barrels for the 18 inch Grendels?
How many rounds through the 18 inch Grendels?
If time permits, would you mind giving a little more info about the 18 inch rifles such as maker of the receivers, maker of the parts used to assemble them and so on?
Thanks.

the bbls are made by alexander arms.they are ss match grade heavy bbls,the 18 in are semi fluted and all are brand new with 20 rounds through them to test function,which was perfect.they all have polished feed ramps and lapped uppers.the lowers are from yhm and are marked multi cal.
the uppers are also from alesander arms and are marked 6.5 and have t marks
the triggers are rra nm 2 stage on the 18 in and dpms hand lapped match trigger on the 16 in.
the forgrips are from yhm
and i have different muzzle brakes one of which is an a.a. pepper pot and the other is a pws
the bolts are all chrome lined and have enhanced extractors.the gas key is properly staked and everything is fit perfectly.
please feel free to contact me with any other questions
here is a link to show what they are charging for there entry 6.5 and look how much more you are getting for very little more money

Sounds like you did a great job on the builds. You have used some of the best components available...pretty much like what I used on my Grendel builds. I'm very favorably impressed.

AA uses either their standard barrels, or for some extra money will use Shilen match barrels. I think in the past they have used Satern and Lothar Walther barrels for the people who pay extra...all fabulous barrels. Do you know if yours was the standard barrel, or the match barrels? And, if possible when the barrels were purchased because that might give me a hint at which barrel maker produced them.

I have a Lothar Walther on my 18 inch Grendel, and it shoots .6 to .75 inch groups at 100 yards with the 120/123 grain bullets and my favorite load. My friend's rifle has the same barrel and gets the same results.

Thanks very much for your response as I'm quite interested. Would you consider any trades, or do you just want cash?

sorry for the slow response,things have been crazy
i got the 16in bbls late last year and the 18in bbls a couple of months ago and i have 2 24in that should be here in a week or two.
i thought the bbls were the lothar production but cant remember for sure.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.