JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
excellent! care to share your build specs?
Figured I would put this in the Appropriate area since it's not a bolt action ;)

• 80% forged 7075 lower.
  • lower parts kit that included a teflon coated mil spec trigger, 7075 buffer tube and spring, MOE furniture and trigger guard.
  • H2 buffer
  • 20" 1:8 5R 416R SS straight fluted 6.5 grendel type II barrel from BCA.
  • 7.62 gamma muzzle brake (soon to be 65 epsilon brake) both from VG6 (aero precision)
  • diamondhead 15" M-lok handguard + barrel nut (they call it 15" but it's really 16.5")
  • BCA forged stripped upper receiver
  • 3" m-lok red annodized pic rail section for attaching my bi-pod
  • strike industries red annodized extended charging handle latch
  • Expo Arms Standard AR-15 Charging Handle
  • Radical Firearms 6.5 Grendel Type II / 12.7x42 Bolt Carrier Group
  • strike industries red forward assist.
  • aero precision dust cover (cheap standard one)
  • Expo Arms Rifle Length Gas Tube - Stainless Steel
  • Expo Arms .750 Gas block
  • Atlas QD bipod. (I use the same bipod for all of my rifles so I click it onto whatever rifle I'm currently shooting at that moment. Gotta love quick detatch!)
  • Primary Arms SLx3.5 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ARC-2-MOA
  • American Defense Recon Mount QD 30mm - Black
  • 10rd 6.5 grendel mag for spendy ammo
  • 7.62x39 28rd and 30rd C-products mags for blasting cheap ammo. (they will hold 1 shy of those capacity counts and cycle flawlessly)

This is how it looked before changing to the Luth-AR stock:

20190305_131751.jpg
grendel.JPG
And its grouping under less than ideal conditions (gusty wind, shooter with shaky hands, no bag or monopod for rear stability. no formal training. crossed off shots are from sighting in the scope to the ammo)
20190505_135834.jpg

Parts on the way: 65 epsilon brake and accu-shot monopod.

Hopefully after getting those on, + the stock I have already swapped from another partial build I want to try for sub 1/2MOA on a gas gun and see if I can pull it off. Based on what I've seen out of this gun and the hornady black ammo...I'm pretty sure this gun and ammo combo will do it. Just comes down to having a less windy day and my hands not being so jittery.

Figured I would put this in the Appropriate area since it's not a bolt action ;)

• 80% forged 7075 lower.
  • lower parts kit that included a teflon coated mil spec trigger, 7075 buffer tube and spring, MOE furniture and trigger guard.
  • H2 buffer
  • 20" 1:8 5R 416R SS straight fluted 6.5 grendel type II barrel from BCA.
  • 7.62 gamma muzzle brake (soon to be 65 epsilon brake) both from VG6 (aero precision)
  • diamondhead 15" M-lok handguard + barrel nut (they call it 15" but it's really 16.5")
  • BCA forged stripped upper receiver
  • 3" m-lok red annodized pic rail section for attaching my bi-pod
  • strike industries red annodized extended charging handle latch
  • Expo Arms Standard AR-15 Charging Handle
  • Radical Firearms 6.5 Grendel Type II / 12.7x42 Bolt Carrier Group
  • strike industries red forward assist.
  • aero precision dust cover (cheap standard one)
  • Expo Arms Rifle Length Gas Tube - Stainless Steel
  • Expo Arms .750 Gas block
  • Atlas QD bipod. (I use the same bipod for all of my rifles so I click it onto whatever rifle I'm currently shooting at that moment. Gotta love quick detatch!)
  • Primary Arms SLx3.5 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ARC-2-MOA
  • American Defense Recon Mount QD 30mm - Black
  • 10rd 6.5 grendel mag for spendy ammo
  • 7.62x39 28rd and 30rd C-products mags for blasting cheap ammo. (they will hold 1 shy of those capacity counts and cycle flawlessly)
This is how it looked before changing to the Luth-AR stock:

View attachment 577216
View attachment 577217
And its grouping under less than ideal conditions (gusty wind, shooter with shaky hands, no bag or monopod for rear stability. no formal training. crossed off shots are from sighting in the scope to the ammo)
View attachment 577226

Parts on the way: 65 epsilon brake and accu-shot monopod.

Hopefully after getting those on, + the stock I have already swapped from another partial build I want to try for sub 1/2MOA on a gas gun and see if I can pull it off. Based on what I've seen out of this gun and the hornady black ammo...I'm pretty sure this gun and ammo combo will do it. Just comes down to having a less windy day and my hands not being so jittery.
those BCA barrels are the real deal. i think i paid $65 shipped for mine. its the nitrided version of yours but 18"

noreen billet upper/lower cerakoted American Flag pattern by lucky SG. 18" 5R 1:8 nitrided straight fluted BCA barrel, BCA 6.5 type 2 BCG. SOPMOD stock, Guntec 15" mlok, vortex diamondback FFP 4-16x, rise armament 434 trigger
DE89C736-C1E3-4793-89C9-D8FA70B86EA7.jpeg

520 yrd range
082B9EE7-2210-40A7-9F38-253BAE4E01A8.jpeg 53260CB2-9398-4A15-BC83-618D64E72EF9.jpeg

5 shots at 520 yards
56C31BC3-8581-4627-894C-7DBD3179397A.jpeg

Had another windy day at the range. Even more so than last time.

So no improvements yet. oh well. Some day lol. 5rds @ 100yds. 0.9235" grouping.

may112019.jpg

After reading about @v0lcom13sn0w 's Grendel >12 months ago, decided to build one too.
I bought a 16" BCA barrel, forged upper receiver and BCG for my Grendel. Put it on a Poverty Pony lower with parts left over from other rifles. Total cost in was <$300.
Because of travels, took 8 months to get to the range and shoot it. On the first trip, noted it had a bad chamber that gouged the brass on extraction. Pulled it apart in October, sent the barrel back to BCA and am still waiting on the warranty replacement.
Impatience got the better of me, bought a 20" Wilson barrel, swapped out the quad rail put it on a LMT Lower with LaRue trigger.
Took it to the range and shot a box of Wolf steel cased. I *really* like this cartridge.
Have since put on a Sig Tango 6, need to sight it in.

Small6,5Grendel.jpg

After reading about @v0lcom13sn0w 's Grendel >12 months ago, decided to build one too.
I bought a 16" BCA barrel, forged upper receiver and BCG for my Grendel. Put it on a Poverty Pony lower with parts left over from other rifles. Total cost in was <$300.
Because of travels, took 8 months to get to the range and shoot it. On the first trip, noted it had a bad chamber that gouged the brass on extraction. Pulled it apart in October, sent the barrel back to BCA and am still waiting on the warranty replacement.
Impatience got the better of me, bought a 20" Wilson barrel, swapped out the quad rail put it on a LMT Lower with LaRue trigger.
Took it to the range and shot a box of Wolf steel cased. I *really* like this cartridge.
Have since put on a Sig Tango 6, need to sight it in.

View attachment 648872
i noticed 2 marks on my brass after i shoot. im pretty sure its from the magazine

Took a pic of the chamber and sent it to BCA. They responded with an RMA.

View attachment 648995
o yeah. that doesnt look like my brass at all. thats wild.

for how inexpensive the barrels are i sure am happy. i fully intended on buying the barrel just to finish the build and get by until i could buy a faxon or satern barrel but, it shoots so good im just gonna roll with it until it doesnt.

i took a 3x4 buck with 1 shot at 420 yards with it this year.

@P7id10T do you hand load? i load 123gr ELD match bullets over blc2 with good results. gettin about 2490-2500fps. the hornady black stuff uses the same bullet.

ive heard that 12ga 00 buckshot groups better at 100 than that wolf steel case stuff. how has it been? im sure its fine just for plinkin around.

Yes, but haven't loaded any for Grendel yet. I have a bunch of 123 gr Nosler CC, 100gr Nosler CC, and 129gr Hornady Interlocks. I also have a crap-ton of 140gr Match Kings for my Swede.

I didn't adjust the scope from when I shot the Wolf. Here's 110gr PPU at 100 yds:

1578802822039.png

ive heard that 12ga 00 buckshot groups better at 100 than that wolf steel case stuff.
I don't recall it being that awful, and at $8.99 per box on sale, I was happy to have it.
i wanna load up some 120gr nos bt over 8208xbr and see how that fairs.
Do tell when you do. My shop's a total tornado site right now, so will be a while before I load anything, including my first Grendels.

Trying to decide on a barrel for grendel build ,want to go with faxon 20 heavy fluted. I see a lot of negative reviews ,but I notice
Most threads are several years old .of course I expect sub moa groups lol. Any one with recent experiences with faxon barrels

Yeah, I see that as "no bueno" for reloading. New replacement barrel coming in soon....
The Wilson barrel I bought did not produce such scars.
Did you get yours directly from BCA?
Mine was a clearance from Primay arms a few yyears ago, so I hadnt bothered looking into trying to warranty it...was only $40....

Trying to decide on a barrel for grendel build ,want to go with faxon 20 heavy fluted. I see a lot of negative reviews ,but I notice
Most threads are several years old .of course I expect sub moa groups lol. Any one with recent experiences with faxon barrels

Do you have links to these reviews? I must have missed them when I picked up mine.

Well they did lose all their illegal alien workers not too long after I bought my last barrel from them...maybe quality has dropped since?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top