JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you wanna make the trek down to Albany I have both a Tikka T3lite and a Xbolt hells canyon you're welcome to shoot. The Xbolt is in 6.5creed. The Tikka is chambered in 300winmag however. with the suppressor it has very little recoil.

If you wanna make the trek down to Albany I have both a Tikka T3lite and a Xbolt hells canyon you're welcome to shoot. The Xbolt is in 6.5creed. The Tikka is chambered in 300winmag however. with the suppressor it has very little recoil.

Thank you. I rarely head that way, unless I'm heading over the pass for central.

I currently have a Weatherby Mark V Accumark 300WM and a Tikka T3X superlite 30-06. I did own a Browning A-Bolt w/Boss. I know all of them will do what I want, its just hard to choose.

The Tikka T3X Superlite stocks aren't my favorite (probably get a different one down the road), and I wish the safety was designed different. They shoot amazing though.

The CTR is a little on the heavier side compared to the rest, but having the larger mags for predators or target shooting is a plus. And I've read they shoot a little better then the T3X Superlite.

I really like my Mark V, but I don't know if it justifies the extra $500-$600

I really don't know much about the Browning Hell's Canyon Speed. I've read good things on them, but aftermarket options are limited.

In before Stompers same ole single hole Tikka grouping. :eek:

For sure. He really needs to get out and shoot more!!!!!! Well, if it were me and looking for a good lightweight hunting rifle chambered for the 6.5 creedmoor it would be the Tikka superlite. There isn't much that's going to touch it. Howeverr, there are other options like Savage. Savage is puting out a nice model 10 with a camo stock and medium weight 22" barrel that could be a shooting machine and good hunter, but it's quite a bit heavier than a Tikka. It would likely hang with it in the accuracy department though... I also have a Tikka CTR, but would probably NOT hunt with it, unless I know I'm going to be shooting from a good supported position. Like my spot in the deschutes canyons. But for a pack around and hunt, exceptionally accurate, perfectly functioning rifle, it's going to be hard to find something better than the Tikka superlite IMHO. The Bergara B14 Hunter would be another great candidate. Just some options I'm throwing out there. By the way, here's how my superlite shoots day in and day out:
TInieXz.jpg

Probably not. It's a great shooter but geez there's other brands that do really well too. All the "Tikka or nothing" talk has kinda turned me off lately.
I get it, it's why I'm doing a savage build. At least then if I blame it on the rifle, some will believe me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews