JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting the Pro model soon. But I have a question. I'd like to know if anyone has first hand knowledge if this jig can be used on the Noreen 80% lowers.
Their website states, as well as shows, "The rear of the trigger pocket where the upper lug fits is not machined on our lowers, this can be completed with an 80% jig."

I'd like to try some of the Noreen receivers, but I don't want to buy something that is not compatible with it. The 5D Tactical website was of no help in answering this question.

If it isn't compatible, I will have to settle for not using the Noreen parts and trying some other brand/manufacturer.

Thanks for your time.

Getting the Pro model soon. But I have a question. I'd like to know if anyone has first hand knowledge if this jig can be used on the Noreen 80% lowers.
Their website states, as well as shows, "The rear of the trigger pocket where the upper lug fits is not machined on our lowers, this can be completed with an 80% jig."

I'd like to try some of the Noreen receivers, but I don't want to buy something that is not compatible with it. The 5D Tactical website was of no help in answering this question.

If it isn't compatible, I will have to settle for not using the Noreen parts and trying some other brand/manufacturer.

Thanks for your time.
seems to be usable.

I emailed Noreen. Their forged AR15 80% lower comes without the pocket milled. Their billet 80% lower, shown in the video, has that portion already milled.
I intend to use the forged lowers because they are 7075, and not 6061.

I've milled 3 Noreen lowers so far & that portion not milled from the factory gets milled on the jig, trust me, I would not worry about it.
Get Jiggy with it.;)

20180804_114802.jpg

20180804_114819.jpg

Here's a couple of 80% lowers with "pre-pockets" that I carved out with a 5D Tactical jig... as you can see the rear pocket area is milled out just fine, and having done several more lowers with and without the rear "pre-pockets", I have found that the initial fitment to the upper is actually a wee bit better w/o the rear "pre-pockets" and has less potential for side to side "wiggle" due to the dimensional tolerances when being forged.

One further note:

Do yourself a favor and get proper reamers and accompanying drill bits for the reamers, because just using a nominal sized drill bit for the safety selector and trigger pins will typically result in slightly "sloppy" fitment. It's not generally a problem (I use KNS dog bones and trigger pins) and it may actually be a "good thing" out in the field to keep stuff from potentially seizing, but if you're going to run an 80% Noreen through a jig I assume you're going to be looking for stellar "Swiss watch" results.

Hope that helps! :s0155:

6E48C003-3FD4-4F31-8A3A-D1CC7A41212D.jpeg F44ABB43-F09A-466A-8386-8214CB7C6098.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top