JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After working in special projects for six years my gut feeling is that there is a lot more to that story that isn't told.

You have a short memory. They were on the high seas. While they were performing surveillance, they committed no crimes while in international waters. Your desire to uncover a "conspiracy" is completely unfounded. There weren't any ulterior motives here, just a belligerent foreign power engaging in an act of open hostility.

You have a short memory. They were on the high seas. While they were performing surveillance, they committed no crimes while in international waters. Your desire to uncover a "conspiracy" is completely unfounded. There weren't any ulterior motives here, just a belligerent foreign power engaging in an act of open hostility.
We only know what they want us to know. I once signed a price of paper saying I forgot everything I did in comsubdevgtu 1.We do alot of things we don't admit to. I just think there is more to this story than what the cover story is.

We only know what they want us to know. I once signed a price of paper saying I forgot everything I did in comsubdevgtu 1.We do alot of things we don't admit to. I just think there is more to this story than what the cover story is.

When it came to "Top Secret" information, I "forgot" everything as well. (Believe me, betraying my country will never happen. NEVER)!

Never Forgive, Never Forget.

I say when we go back, we either grab Pueblo and tow her into an SK port to patch up and bring home as a memorial, or blow her to scrapmetal right there so the Norks don't have a trophy anymore.

No matter what, Repatriation or Restitution has to be a non-negotiable part of ANY attempt by the DPRKs to enter the legitimate world. So does KJU's head on a pike, preferably literally.

Let's drop the second warhead on the Pueblo and see how they like those apples! (Volunteer to drop Jane Fonda atop the bomb as Slim Pickens did in the "Bomb Run" scene in Dr. Strangelove).

Works for me!

Last Edited:
Spread the word of the Hawaiian Good Luck Sign. Share it with friends, fellow motorists, your boss. Spread the love...

uss pueblo.jpg

About 10 years ago, my father, a Vietnam war Navy vet, traveled with a group from Portland to North Korea to assist with some electrical work at 2 hospitals - part of a Mercy Corp project. While he was there, he was able to tour around a bit (with the required government-supplied guide, of course). Part of their tour took them on a tour of the USS Pueblo, which is proudly displayed in PyongYang as a museum of North Korean military prowess o_O

The ship is unchanged from the day she was captured. You can see the bullet holes from the shots fired by the NK's at the ship. As a Navy vet, my father was very interested to see what this enemy nation had made of their lucky catch, a virtually unarmed intelligence vessel. Personally, I'd like to see someone sneak into PyongYang and put that ship on the bottom, if for no other reason than to take away their proud little accomplishment.

The one fatality from the attack was a man from Oregon. His name was Duane Hodges, he was from Creswell, and he was awarded the Silver Star. He was only 21 years old.

View attachment 424773

I remember that. I was 10 years old, and remember hearing my dad ( WW II Normandy) saying that we just needed to go over and bomb them c.........s back to the fing stone age and any one of the mfers that was left should have his balls detached,and that we should have done a better job in 1953 and we would not be having those ..and ...and... Them WW II vets could be a pretty tough bunch. Pretty much explains where my attitude comes from.

I was born in 1966 so I was all of two years old when the Pueblo was taken. Obviously I have no direct recollection of the incident. As fate would have it, however, I ended up being pretty good friends with the son of the second in command of the Pueblo, Edward Murphy. We went to elementary, Jr High., and High School together, and were in the same Boy Scout troop together working on our Eagle Scout badges and projects at the same time. I think it was about late Jr. High/early high school when I realized who my buddy's dad was.

I realize there was a big discrepancy in the stories between the Captain and my buddy's dad. But from my perspective the guy was absolutely rock solid. He was extremely involved and engaged with his family and heavily involved in our Scout Troop. He was always doing things to help the kids and troop and/or just helping people in general. Truly a nice guy.

I also remember him talking a little about the Pueblo on a camping trip and some of the treatment that he and his men had received. It was both fascinating and horrific. And he did still suffer from some of the physical treatment they had given him. I guess as second in command, he was a primary target of their abuse. He did seem to be ok mentally...at least from all outward appearances. It was also abundantly clear that he cared deeply for the men in his command.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top