JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In light of recent events I am considering one. Supposedly they will penetrate a vest with standard ammo - last thing I want to do is be caught at the local mall with weapon that will not stop a nut wearing a vest.

Also I can get the LEO model. One of the armory guys at work said he shot one at a class 3 vest with an AP (Which I can also legally but) round an it barely penetrated. Lastly, I hear its dangerous to reload.

Well............As far as Civilian ammo, it was made specifically so it would NOT punch body armor. The AP stuff will from a "rifle length" SBR and it does so pretty well, but is hard to find! It's a pretty surprisingly accurate in a pistol and small carbine, and the terminal ballistics are pretty good. If I were to do it all over again, especially because good ammo is hard to come by, I would spend the same money on a HK MP-5 or a small pistol carbine like it, and not worry about defeating body armor by punching through, rather hitting with enough force to break bone through the vest. in my mind, a 10 mm would be the best for that! OR, you could build an AR pistol and have the advantages of 5.56 for ammo availability! The little FN PS 90 is a great little carbine, but the lack of good ammo to feed it is what hurts it, other wise, I love the funky little thing! I havnt looked into reloading it, so I cant answer the danger side of it!

Years ago I noticed someone on gunbroker was selling newly made 5.7x28 ammo with steel tips, I always wondered if he was using 5.56 steel tips on pulled 5.7x28 standard rounds. The ads disappeared about 5 days later and I always wondered if the atf got the guy?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top