JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In light of recent events I am considering one. Supposedly they will penetrate a vest with standard ammo - last thing I want to do is be caught at the local mall with weapon that will not stop a nut wearing a vest.

Also I can get the LEO model. One of the armory guys at work said he shot one at a class 3 vest with an AP (Which I can also legally but) round an it barely penetrated. Lastly, I hear its dangerous to reload.

Well............As far as Civilian ammo, it was made specifically so it would NOT punch body armor. The AP stuff will from a "rifle length" SBR and it does so pretty well, but is hard to find! It's a pretty surprisingly accurate in a pistol and small carbine, and the terminal ballistics are pretty good. If I were to do it all over again, especially because good ammo is hard to come by, I would spend the same money on a HK MP-5 or a small pistol carbine like it, and not worry about defeating body armor by punching through, rather hitting with enough force to break bone through the vest. in my mind, a 10 mm would be the best for that! OR, you could build an AR pistol and have the advantages of 5.56 for ammo availability! The little FN PS 90 is a great little carbine, but the lack of good ammo to feed it is what hurts it, other wise, I love the funky little thing! I havnt looked into reloading it, so I cant answer the danger side of it!

Years ago I noticed someone on gunbroker was selling newly made 5.7x28 ammo with steel tips, I always wondered if he was using 5.56 steel tips on pulled 5.7x28 standard rounds. The ads disappeared about 5 days later and I always wondered if the atf got the guy?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top