5.56 Ammo Question

Reactions
As someone who's never resorted to using it..I'm curious as to what experience anyone might have with the Wolf..or other manufactuer "Polymer coated" 5.56 ammo.. I assume there must be a reason it's less expensive.. Any input would be appreciated..

Reactions
I use tons of wolf in different calibers for plinking ammo. A lot of people talk it down, but I think its great for what it is, its cheap ammo. Its dirty, not very accurate, and not reloadable. But it works all the time for me with no problems.

Reactions
Wolf .223 is a little underpowered. I prefer silver bear for cheapo plinking. It's usually about the same price as wolf and it's zinc plated. I do like Prvi Partizan (wolf gold) and I buy a lot of their M193.

Reactions
The Wolf made in Russia ammo uses steel cases rather than brass, dirty powder, and cheap bullets.

Even out of an accurate AR15 it will produce large and unpredictable groups. I tried once to save a few bucks by sighting in a new scope with it and gave up. It was a constant left, right, up, down, chase the bullets all over the place waste of time. :s0114:

It's fine for when you don't need accuracy.

The steel cases can rust within a few hours of being exposed to rain. I once went shooting in the rain with Wolf and by the time I got home my leftover ammo was all rusty.

It's cheaper for a reason.

One positive is that I've never heard of it kabooming an AR, unlike gunshow reloads.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom