JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too load 8.5 unique and 240gr swc it's a great middle of the road load and is very accurate for me,
If you want a light load trail boss is worth looking into,

Cream of wheat is sometimes mentioned as a filler, but it can mix with the powder as the cartridge is moved, whereas Dacron does not and holds the powder to the rear. Dacron is also lighter and more volume for a given weight - it also compresses because it has a lot of air volume, without compressing the powder and changing the ignition/burning characteristics. I have seen no residue either - it either is completely discharged from the gun and/or burnt (probably the latter).

It is cheap and easy to get and one package for stuffing a pillow will last years - I still have most of what I bought decades ago - a little pinch goes a long ways.
Went the Dacron route. Think I might try something else (or at least, less Dacron).
First shot, son looks back and says, "kicks less than a 223." @Reno911 was there, says, "what's that white smoke coming out of the barrel?"
On the drive home, my son suggested using confetti from party favors instead of Dacron, "every shot will be a celebration of the 2nd Amendment."

Kapok(early Life Vests used this material) was also used as a filler for reduced powder loading for many years. Life Vests hadn't used the material for years so it is seldom used any more.
I remember that orange(ish) stuff !

Went the Dacron route. Think I might try something else (or at least, less Dacron).
First shot, son looks back and says, "kicks less than a 223." @Reno911 was there, says, "what's that white smoke coming out of the barrel?"
On the drive home, my son suggested using confetti from party favors instead of Dacron, "every shot will be a celebration of the 2nd Amendment."

It only takes a little dab - you don't need a lot - just enough to hold the powder to the rear. I never noticed any difference in what came out of the end of the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top