JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keith, I'll be there with a bolt action. You won't be the only one.

What I'm worried about though is between now and then getting fast and accurate enough shooting leftie with bad eyes for a timed qualification. I have to break the sight picture each time I cycle the bolt. And bifocals don't help... :(

Keith

Hey I have a few questions that I don't want seen on this form no offense to anybody I love this site. But I keep my guns what I have private unless I'm selling.
Is there anyway you can PM me your number and I can give you a call I live in Vancouver as well.
Thanks Donovan.

Well my 2nd Known Distance event was shot with a DPMS LR-308 :)

Yes, the Greek ammo is fine. DRRC does restrict steel core ammo but the club has made an exception for the HXP.

I have never entered a Appleseed event and the link says that "its a advanced event and Only previous attendees should register. " So can I attend or not?

From Kimber Custom's original post.

If you've never participated in an Appleseed event, we will have a standard 25 meter event (.22 or center fire) in Jan. It isn't a requirement to coming to the full distance event but it is highly recommended. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/eagle-creek-or-appleseed-january-24-25-2015-tickets-13359303035

I've never attended an Appleseed event but I'm going. I believe my son-in-law is, too, and he's never been to one.

You won't be the only one. :)

Appleseed is more challenging than most people think. This is the same instruction that was given to the troops in the 30's and 40's. The military takes 3 1/2 weeks to cover what we do in 2 days.

Only about 10% of participants leave with the Rifleman patch (expert score of 210 or better on the QDAT). Most of those 10% are repeat students who have done some dry practice and stretching.

The course of instruction at this event will be very similar to a standard event but with the added complexity of recoil, percussion and compensating for wind and gravity.

All are welcome.

The course of instruction at this event will be very similar to a standard event but with the added complexity of recoil, 10 pound rifles, percussion and compensating for wind and gravity.

All are welcome.

You forgot one :)

Hoping to make it to this one since I missed the one last winter. Hmmmm..... AR-15? M1 Garand? FN-49? So many choices....

This would be my first time at full distance. Any problem with a 5.56/.223 with 62 gr bullets reaching the long shots? My heavier alternatives are a bolt 30.06 with an internal mag, or a pump .243 (sigh). This is 18" 1-in-8 barrel with a basic trigger.

The no sidearm thing concealed or otherwise is a HUGE deal breaker..

We are all there to learn and enjoy the firearms community.. That policy is a terrible one no matter what the excuse..

Change it and Id be there in a heartbeat!
Have a Browning BAR .270 I want to test out.

Yes, 62 grain (and 55 for that matter) will do 400 yards just fine. Please keep in mind that DRRC does not allow steel core ammunition so no green tip surplus.

If you have not been to an Appleseed, a great way to prepare for the long distance event is to attend a standard (25 to 100 meters) Appleseed first. Not only will it tune up your marksmanship skills and teach the techniques needed to achieve at least 4 MOA accuracy from field positions, it will provide a basis for preparing for the long distance event. It just so happens there is a standard Appleseed coming up at Stevenson, WA on March 7-8. Perfect timing to prepare for the long distance shoot at DRRC. Here's the link to sign up for Washington events. Go to the date and location you want and sign up online! http://appleseedusa.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=133&id_event=3361

Just signed up the wife and I. Only 11 tickets left "boys" so ya better get one or two bought. A couple of you guys are rollin your eyes at "wife" but this one is different. She already has a "Riflemans" patch she earned at DRRC in Sept 13 at the start of our honeymoon! (no really Im serious it was our honeymoon) :)......I have a couple of AR 15's set up with good simple optics that we got rough zeroes on and we moved up to a pair of nice shooting mats. We will do some dry firing in the coming weeks to help refresh our skills. I am super excited to see her reaction when she starts using the exact same skills at 400 yds that she learned @ 25 yds to get some solid hits.....;)........she's a keeper:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top