JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going with a friend this Saturday January 16th. It's a "Swap Meet" because only 24 guns at any give time will be for sale in the building. Members can have a table for FREE and Guest are welcome. Bring stuff to buy, sell, and trade!

Set up is about 7am for members and the gates open to the public at 8am and runs till about noon or so.

Only 24 guns available to get around the 25 guns is a gunshow? That is a recipe for fail! My advice to the members is to steer clear! But that is just my personal opinion.

Hmmm trlsmn, is this a diversion tactic so you can be the only one there.....I wonder

"And it would have worked if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!"

6a00d8341c652b53ef011168e57cea970c-800wi.jpg

I will tell you guys exactly how easy I could see this go sideways. Sure only 24 guns inside for sale, what about the guns people are carrying on them that might be for sale? How can the organizers control that?

It would be easy for a guy to bring in a gun to sell on his person and then make a deal with the "let's step outside and make this legal" then everyone inside is now in violation of the more then 24 for sale.

And don't forget that a sale set up at a gun show is a gunshow sale! This can only end badly!

+1 on Trlsmn's points. I would (and will) stay away from an event like this. The risk just isn't worth it to me.

(I would like some of that free jewelry Logical1 is talking about. I look great in silver. ;) )

Anyone dumb enough to get into this probably ought not be able to possess a firearm. This is the kind of bubblegum that screws it up for everyone.

It would make for a great news story if the BATF were to break it up though. I can only imagine how many times "machine gun", "assault rifle", and "military style" would be used in the article.

:s0093:

Many fudds busted cuz they're dumber than a wet paper bag full-o-rocks for illegal sales of firearms at a GUN SHOW.

Joey, I'm surprised, you won't let me spell out bubblegum, (comes out horsebubblegum) but you let such things like this on your site that's as bad as it can get for the whole "community." Think there aren't going to be more than 24-guns there?

Last edited by a moderator:
From <broken link removed>
THIRD ANNUAL SWAP MEET
Mark your calendars for Saturday, January 16th and start saving all of the stuff you no longer use or the
really neat stuff you got for Christmas that you didn’t want and bring it out to the Gun Club and see if
you can pawn it off on some unsuspecting gun looney for next to nothing.
The big show starts at 8:00 AM but the table setup starts at 7:00 or whenever you get there.
Same rules as before folks……..This is a swap meet; NO MORE than 24 guns available and for sale on the
premises.
First come, first served on the tables and donuts but if you get there late, someone will probably share a
table.
Members and guests with money are always welcome.
We normally close up the place about 1:00 PM or so or until all of the money is spent.
Any questions, call Gary Anderson at 503-581-7907 after 5:00PM.

I imagine they're on top of it and all will be just peachy - no laws broken here. :s0155:

I was going there to shoot anyway on Saturday, if i can sneak out on my honey dos. All the members I've met are really great people, and this swap meet has been running for a number of years, so I'm guessing they have the bugs worked out of it. I suspect it will be small, few sellers, few buyers and lots of fun conversations between fellow gun nuts.

So, I think its a social event first and and swap meet second, because that is sort of how everything else works at this wonderful club that I dearly love!

I attended the swap meet and it was great, small, only about 10 tables, and not much stuff at all. My major score is a Daisy target air pistol from about 20 years ago in its orginal box with the orginal instructions. The thing is about a foot long and looks fantastic. Has a pump handle that folds out from the left side. I got a few more things too and it was great fun and only took half an hour even with me asking all the vendors about the rifles.

Really nothing at all like a gun show, but fun.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top