JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The 3rd annual KRRC Silencer Shoot will be held on July 20, 2013 from 2pm to 6pm. Price is $5 for the public. KRRC members and people who bring a suppressed firearm to the event participate free. There will be suppressed firearms available for use by the public free of additional charge.

The Kitsap rifle and Revolver Club is located at 4900 Seabeck Hwy NW Bremerton, WA 98312. The website is Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club Click on the address in the upper right corner of the homepage to see a Google Maps locater for the range. 4900 Seabeck Hwy NW, Bremerton, WA 98312 - Google Maps

I will have a dozen suppressed firearms and about 3000 rounds of ammo available for public use. I am hoping that others will bring their suppressed firearms to the range and show them off. This is my best chance to see commercially manufactured firearms and compare them to my own.

If you have a firearm with a threaded barrel that is suitable for use with a silencer, please bring it and if one of mine fits, you can use it. I have silencers that will fit on 22, 223 and 308 pistols or rifles with threaded muzzles

Any dealers and manufacturers that want to display and/or demonstrate their products are invited to join us. Please call in advance to reserve a pistol bay for your use. Each bay has a table weather protection.

In 2011 the first Silencer Shoot was a great success in my opinion. The event was free, many people showed up and we had 2 dealers show up to demonstrate their products. The second year in 2012 was much less successful as we had just reopened to shooting events after Kitsap County shut us down over noise and zoning complaints. The price in 2012 was $15 and many people thought we were still closed to shooting.

The KRRC is open and will remain open unless the Washington Appeals Court decides against us at the end of 2013 or in 2014. Please contact me or the KRRC if you have any questions.

Randy Bragge
[email protected]
(360) 440-5889

I screwed up the post title. It should read "3rd annual KRRC Silencer Shoot" I am unable to edits the post title. Can any moderator help me out? Thanks.

Ranb

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Of course it's still on. :) I managed to save about 2000 rounds of 22lr (blazer and std vel) and 200 rounds of 17hmr since the supply dried up. I have several hundred rounds of cheap 7.62 nato ball I want to get rid of and loaded up a bunch of cheap 338 whisper, 338 ultra mag, 510 whisper as well as some 300 whisper and 223 all for under $500. I plan on having a great time even if no one else shows up.

Ranb

Randy, I'm going to try and make it as well. Look forward to it!
Look forward to seeing you there. I have been promised an appointment with Pedersen in August to discuss the SBR bill. Hopefully this will lead to him scheduling a hearing for the bill next January.

Randy

Randy, great to see you today and thanks for letting me shoot your rifles!

Let me know when you set up a meeting with Pedersen for the SBR bill and I will be there.

The 3rd annual silencer shoot was a great success. The day started out for me in the morning with the junior small bore shoot then I finished setting up for the shoot. We had a large 18" plate mounted at 150 yards, two falling plate racks set up at 110 and 200 yards which could be reset with long ropes as well as several smaller plates at 25 and 50 yards. The falling plate racks were really nice and we could hit them with anything 308 and below (lead core) without damaging them. The larger 18" plate mounted in the tractor tire was holed and dinged a bit by a subsonic 50 cal with steel core ammo and a 338 ultra mag.

Some people started showing up at 1200; it seems that the shoot had been advertised as being from 12-4pm instead of 2-6 pm. Since the range normally closes to the public at 4pm on weekends I choose 2-6 to minimize the impact on public and member shooting when restricting the rifle line to suppressed firearms only. The rifle line was packed from 1-5 pm with lots of gunfire, but not so noisy. :)

I brought over 3000 rounds of ammo to the shoot for the public to use, but it seems that hardly anyone showed up empty handed. Plenty of 223/308/22lr ammo belonging to the attendees made it through my firearms so I still had lots left to bring home.

Wynakos Machine showed up with several suppressed firearms and ammo. They are a machine shop in Monroe that started making firearms two years ago. They were generous with their ammo and answered questions associated with silencer ownership and showed off some interesting designs. The presence of licensed manufacturers adds a bit of class to the activities. Thank you guys very much.

Several interesting guns were present. A 44 mag Silent Destroyer was there with 240 cast at 1075fps and with a noise level lower than my 300 whisper. I still have some learning to do before I make something as nice as that. I also saw a Windrunner in 308 shooting subsonic ammo; very nice. One gentleman brought his pre-94 register SBR suppressed Uzi. The massive can really knocked down the noise. Wynakos Machine had a couple of semi-auto rifles with integral cans that consisted of a monocore welded to the barrel with a sleeve over it. Simple and elegant in my opinion.

Since this year's event was such a success probably due in part to better publicity, we may have two silencer shoots a year from now on. I also want to come up with a few contests to spice things up. Perhaps a shoot off to determine which 22lr, 223 and 308 firearms are the least noisy. The competitors could all use standard ammo and have some blind judging as proper noise meters are so expensive. Another suggestion was giving a competitor one minute to see how many plates they can knock down; the 3-plates racks would be reset as they were knocked down, miss once and you are done. If anyone has other ideas, please let me know.

Perhaps we can raffle off a silencer at next year's event.

I had a really great time, thanks to everyone who showed up to shoot. It meant a lot to me.

Randy Bragge

That 44 mag Silent Destroyer was incredible. Who makes them?

Randy, your designs are great as well. If the market wasn't so messed up due to the ATF delays, it would be a great side business for you I bet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top