Defensive Arts
Low Price Guns
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms Forum
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

3Gun/Multigun at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club

OP
LSomers
Reactions
There are several different divisions you can choose from. Traditionally it’s rifle, pistol and shotgun but there’s also:
2 gun - Rifle, Pistol
2x4 - rifle, pistol, shotgun and PCC
PCC - PCC Only

Reactions
Perhaps if you wanted more people to come shoot with you, you could give more information about the matches. Talk to me like I've never shot a three gun competition.............because I haven't.

Reactions
@yotehunter @Ironbar

If you haven't been. one of the best things to do is to just go to a match and watch. Find out who the match director is, and say hello. Talk to the shooters at your local match *when they aren't actively shooting or prepping for their next stage*.

For practice, go do a match... figure out what you need to work on. There are multiple divisions, generally people mostly shoot 9mm, 223 with a red dot or magnified optic, and a semi auto shotgun. That puts you into "tac Optics" 90% of peoples stuff fits into tac limited or tac optics. Really all you need is a pistol, rifle and a shotgun that are serviceable and the knowledge to safely handle them. Lots of guys start with their glock, a stock AR and whatever shotgun they have. You will need ammo obviously and a way to hold ammo. Be it skeet shotgun pouches for shotgun, your regular 9mm mag pouches, and a pocket for a spare ar mag. Run what you brung is usually the way to start. Biggest mistake I made was thinking I needed national match level stuff to go play.95% of people benefit more from a pile of ammo and coaching or classes vs high speed race gear. Come out and play!

Standard stuff is glock 17- glock 34
rifle almost any AR15
shotgun whatever you have Generally a 12 gauge semi auto with extended magazine tube. (stoeger mk3000, etc) When you get serious the shotgun is easier with removable choke tubes. IC/ LM are the two most used chokes.

Have patience, you are trying to learn 3x the gear that you would have to learn in say JUST a pistol competition.

Youtube is huge for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online