JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are several different divisions you can choose from. Traditionally it's rifle, pistol and shotgun but there's also:
2 gun - Rifle, Pistol
2x4 - rifle, pistol, shotgun and PCC
PCC - PCC Only

Perhaps if you wanted more people to come shoot with you, you could give more information about the matches. Talk to me like I've never shot a three gun competition.............because I haven't.

@yotehunter @Ironbar

If you haven't been. one of the best things to do is to just go to a match and watch. Find out who the match director is, and say hello. Talk to the shooters at your local match *when they aren't actively shooting or prepping for their next stage*.

For practice, go do a match... figure out what you need to work on. There are multiple divisions, generally people mostly shoot 9mm, 223 with a red dot or magnified optic, and a semi auto shotgun. That puts you into "tac Optics" 90% of peoples stuff fits into tac limited or tac optics. Really all you need is a pistol, rifle and a shotgun that are serviceable and the knowledge to safely handle them. Lots of guys start with their glock, a stock AR and whatever shotgun they have. You will need ammo obviously and a way to hold ammo. Be it skeet shotgun pouches for shotgun, your regular 9mm mag pouches, and a pocket for a spare ar mag. Run what you brung is usually the way to start. Biggest mistake I made was thinking I needed national match level stuff to go play.95% of people benefit more from a pile of ammo and coaching or classes vs high speed race gear. Come out and play!

Standard stuff is glock 17- glock 34
rifle almost any AR15
shotgun whatever you have Generally a 12 gauge semi auto with extended magazine tube. (stoeger mk3000, etc) When you get serious the shotgun is easier with removable choke tubes. IC/ LM are the two most used chokes.

Have patience, you are trying to learn 3x the gear that you would have to learn in say JUST a pistol competition.

Youtube is huge for this sort of thing.

Last Edited:
Thank you for that. I have a membership at tri country and figured I would go watch a match there to start. Do you know if you can shoot .223 in the ar there or do you need to shoot a pistol caliber through the ar? I am action range certified and am only allowed to shoot pistol caliber, didn't know if they open it up when there are competitions.

Thank you for that. I have a membership at tri country and figured I would go watch a match there to start. Do you know if you can shoot .223 in the ar there or do you need to shoot a pistol caliber through the ar? I am action range certified and am only allowed to shoot pistol caliber, didn't know if they open it up when there are competitions.
Honestly I am a former member but not a current member. I would suggest contacting the match director for that discipline as I would likely give you the wrong answer.

You can shoot 223 at both TCGC and DRRC during scheduled matches. There's a Multigun match at DRRC this Sunday.
Register on PractiScore and come shoot with us!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top