3d Printed Semi-Auto 22lr -- similar to Ruger 10/22 rifle

Reactions
Dang! those .22's are way better than mine when it comes to kicking up dust.

Is the video real for certain? I've been plinking in lots of dry areas without kicking up that kind of dust. That said, I sure want to figure out how he printed the receiver! The rest of it is pretty basic stuff!

The Heretic

Reactions
Not particularly surprising, and no, he didn't print the whole gun - he printed only the receiver, but the barrel and bolt are still metal and would still require machining.

After all, it is the barrel and bolt that contain the pressure in a rimfire blowback action like that, so yeah , the receiver could be plastic. Not sure how long it would last though, but it obviously would last long enough to put a few mags through it.

I think such vids are counter-productive. "Hey look at me - I can make 'deadly weapons' with my printer". This was more or less always true, except you needed metal working equipment. Yes, it is now easier, but it was never impossible to create firearms at home. Look at what they do in Pakistan.

PAK86.jpg

We don't need no stinkin' 3D printer - give me a vice and a hammer and a hacksaw.:D

etrain16

Reactions
The best part is the name of the guy who posted the video in the first place: "Buck O'Fama" :p

In seriousness though, I wonder how this could really help our side. The anti's will blow a gasket when they see this stuff and probably try to pass a law to ban/prohibit/forbid the sale of any gun parts/components without going through an FFL and background check. No, I'd rather people that do this stuff would just keep it to themselves. No good can come of it in regard to our 2A rights.

Last edited:
Reactions
The best part is the name of the guy who posted the video in the first place: "Buck O'Fama" :p

In seriousness though, I wonder how this could really help our side. The anti's will blow a gasket when they see this stuff and probably try to pass a law to ban/prohibit/forbid the sale of any gun parts/components without going through an FFL and background check. No, I'd rather people that do this stuff would just keep it to themselves. No good can come of it in regard to our 2A rights.
-
Holycrap. Nothing illegal about making your own firearms for your own personal use . The producer/Poster of the Vid. is such a Anti-Gov. YouTube BadBoy in his own mind .... LOL haha
.edit add:
only possible illegalities 'might be' possible commercial selling of the printing program of making the Receiver . I think it is legal though for him to just give it away for free to anyone. Just like the Receiver, just not sell the program for $$-profit .

Last edited:
Reactions
Another thing everyone want to think about . In reality the 3-D printer and firearms will go the way of all commercial printers . Just like Dept. of Treasury, and printing Counterfeit-$ . 'when the need comes to regulate', your commercial computerized 3-D printer will ' Rat You Out ' to the BATF .

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
Top Bottom