JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trimmed a little over 400 cases tonight in about 20 minutes. Only stopped when my fingers cramp lol. Very little mess and zero jams! :s0155:
20200611_175257.jpg
View attachment 20200611_174128_2_1-1.mov

Trimmed a little over 400 cases tonight in about 20 minutes. Only stopped when my fingers cramp lol. Very little mess and zero jams! :s0155:
View attachment 709468
View attachment 709464

Nice job. My fingers cramp from holding down the safety tab... :eek:
I installed a new blade last week, it was the original from 2017. I know the blade rotation but this new one does not cut as clean as what yours appears to cut. Each piece is different and have to very the feed of the blade, I'm wondering if it is defective. I'll change to the 2nd new blade since it came in a 3 pack.

Nice job. My fingers cramp from holding down the safety tab... :eek:
I installed a new blade last week, it was the original from 2017. I know the blade rotation but this new one does not cut as clean as what yours appears to cut. Each piece is different and have to very the feed of the blade, I'm wondering if it is defective. I'll change to the 2nd new blade since it came in a 3 pack.

I think the previous owner of my saw removed the safety tab. There was a little red lever loose in the box. Don't tell OSHA!

Check your blade dept, it might not be deep enough since you had to shift the chute. The instructions I sent you show what to look for. I'm still using my original blade...multiple thousands later but if I don't push the saw all the way down it will leave a hanging chad.

That is so cool, I can't wait. ;)

I picked up my saw yesterday with 2 packs of blades, and sure as heck on my third cut it started to rumble and that was it. Turns out the set screw on the blade shaft gear had backed out. Added some loctite to it and good to go.

umrek, your jig does look to be very close to the "old" ZEP design with the cut-out on the rear where mine is solid. It's what ZEP has in their video and they explained why they quit using the cut-out when I asked. It sure is a slick design with the detent and all, but I would prefer the cut-out for initial case support.

Last Edited:
That is so cool, I can't wait. ;)

I picked up my saw yesterday with 2 packs of blades, and sure as heck on my third cut it started to rumble and that was it. Turns out the set screw on the blade shaft gear had backed out. Added some loctite to it and good to go.

umrek, your jig does look to be very close to the "old" ZEP design with the cut-out on the rear where mine is solid. It's what ZEP has in their video and they explained why they quit using the cut-out when I asked. It sure is a slick design with the detent and all, but I would prefer the cut-out for initial case support.

What was their reason for changing the design?

I'm with ya on that. I almost want to chop about 1/8" off the end which I just might do when I really get at it. I'd do it now but it's perfectly square and I might be trimming off .0015".

I made a chute for the Harbor Freight cutoff saw and brass jig that I use to make 300blk.

The 223 necks and most of the brass 'glitter' gets vacuumed up. The cut brass drops into a bucket (not in pic) on the floor next to my bench. No more stopping to clear out a pile of brass and its much much cleaner!

View attachment 698162
View attachment 698163
I second that, I will buy one from you as I am close to reloading 300blk ...

I would like to thank Caveman Jim and arrowshooter for trying out my design and giving me valuable feedback.

That being said, my chute seems to work with the older and newer ZEP blackout jigs, Harbor Freight mini saw and 1 1/4" ShopVac, so if you have one of these setups and would like to purchase my chute, let me know via PM or email at [email protected].

I'll make a limited run and sell them for $35 shipped. Made to order and payment can be made via PayPal once I'm ready to ship.

I currently have red filament which I think looks really nice.

20200618_223643.jpg

20200618_223706.jpg

Screenshot_20200618-223838_Gallery.jpg
Includes: Chute, mounting hardware and a push tool for clearing brass.

Last Edited:
Thank you umrek. Did my first official 50 case test batch and it sounds like Caveman Jim and I use the same sewing machine. Now to get'um loaded and chooot'um. ;)

setup.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads