JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A woman should never carry in a purse! Many are careless with their purses, How many times have you seen them walk 20 feet from a shopping cart with the purse sitting unattended? And if a crook suddenly grabs a woman many times they will lose the purse in the scuffle or wont have time to dig around in it to locate their weapon. Women should be trained to carry on their person just like a man, That way the weapon is always near, and secure. I could maybe see a fanny pack at the very least, But thats pushin it LOL. As for .380 vs. .38 My wife carries either a .38 snub or sometimes my 9mm auto, No .380's in our gun safe.

My wife picked out her own piece. Why do all the men buy guns for their women, just to have them not like it? She really preferred the feel of the s&w air weight in her hands, but being a novice she was worried about recoil. After many trips to feel out some options, she went with the Sig P238. Never had a reliability issue. You trust your car with your life everyday, and its way more complicated than a semi auto. Take care, buy a good product, and you should never have to worry about reliability issues.
As far as caliber, I honestly feel that for my wife, the .380 brought her into shooting and now she might love the S&W. It would likely still be too bulky for her to conceal on her person. She loves the trigger pull on the SA, not sure she would like a DAO. She has short fingers and reaching the trigger and the hammer is not easy on all guns. All metal frame prevents the snappiness of the recoil. I have not a single worry that she could put all 8 rounds into someone from 25 feet or less. I frankly don't ever want her shooting someone to death. It may happen, but my primary concern is that she is able to vacate the situation. If you need more than a .380 to evacuate a situation, you better have a cell phone for the police anyway.
In practicality, I do not think she would have put the 500 rounds she has shot through a revolver. The experience has made her comfortable, and knowledgeable with guns. Between recoil, plinking, or carrying issues I think the revolver would have stayed home.
As said before, you can't argue with the physics of bullet weight and powder charge. I'm sure we will get a snubby anyways, but she'll always carry her sig "when it counts"!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews