JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I am looking for any suggestions on good places to buy ammo in Portland, particularly .357 magnum. There are a few revolvers for rent at my local range that I would like to shoot, but they are out of .357 magnum bullets and don't know when they will be getting more. They said I could bring my own .357 mag ammo in to shoot in the revolvers as long as it's quality, factory new ammo. So far, I have been buying my 9mm in case amounts online or individual boxes at the range and have not actually purchased any ammo locally otherwise. I checked ammoseek but the shipping cost for one box of ammo almost makes it not worth ordering. Someone recommended Sportman's Warehouse, but I was wondering if there were any other good places in town for ammo before I headed over there.

Thanks!

Last Edited:
Sportsman's is overpriced, local gun shops and other retailers are cheaper. Calling or going is the best options.
Thanks for the tip. Do you have any specific places you recommend? I have a Sportsman's, a Big 5, and The Gun Room near where I live. The only local gun stores I've been to are Curt's, NW Armory, and J&B out in Beaverton. All 3 of those are a bit farther than I was hoping to drive for this one box of ammo.

Hello, I am looking for any suggestions on good places to buy ammo in Portland, particularly .357 magnum. There are a few revolvers for rent at my local range that I would like to shoot, but they are out of .357 magnum bullets and don't know when they will be getting more. They said I could bring my own .357 mag ammo in to shoot in the revolvers as long as it's quality, factory new ammo. So far, I have been buying my 9mm in case amounts online or individual boxes at the range and have not actually purchased any ammo locally otherwise. I checked ammoseek but the shipping cost for one box of ammo almost makes it not worth ordering. Someone recommended Sportman's Warehouse, but I was wondering if there were any other good places in town for ammo before I headed over there.

Thanks!
You do know you can shoot. 38 Special out of. 357's?

Thanks!
As another poster mentioned Bi-Mart seems to have the best price you are going to find for stuff like this. If the ones around you are dry my favorite place is SGAmmo. They have some now but damn is it expensive right now. Nice thing about them is if you spend $200 they ship is free. So if you just want a box of something you can mix and match to make the $200. With the cost of ammo right now it does not take much to get to that mark ;)

Bimart has the best prices on ammo. The Scappoose store had .357 Blazer ammo yesterday for $28 a box

As another poster mentioned Bi-Mart seems to have the best price you are going to find for stuff like this. If the ones around you are dry my favorite place is SGAmmo. They have some now but damn is it expensive right now. Nice thing about them is if you spend $200 they ship is free. So if you just want a box of something you can mix and match to make the $200. With the cost of ammo right now it does not take much to get to that mark ;)
Thank you for the info! I will go check out the Bi-Mart.

Thanks for the tip. Do you have any specific places you recommend? I have a Sportsman's, a Big 5, and The Gun Room near where I live. The only local gun stores I've been to are Curt's, NW Armory, and J&B out in Beaverton. All 3 of those are a bit farther than I was hoping to drive for this one box of ammo.
Gun room and Big 5 price are even higher, bi-mart is a good option and you have fisherman's and coastal as well.

Another 'vote' for BiMart and SGAmmo online. Don't underestimate the value of free shipping; SGAmmo is offering free shipping for orders over $200.00. As mentioned, that's a real benefit and not hard to get to that line, given today's prices.

I mentioned the gun room to someone a few months ago and they warned me not to ever go there. Nice to see that everyone has that same feeling. Definitely going over to Bi-Mart today to check it out. Thanks to everyone that replied to my post!

I went to Fisherman's and also Bi-Mart today and both said they had no 357 magnum. I probably should have called first but oh well. There is a sportsman's on 82nd so I suppose that will be my next stop. Thanks again to everyone that replied to me.

I went to Fisherman's and also Bi-Mart today and both said they had no 357 magnum. I probably should have called first but oh well. There is a sportsman's on 82nd so I suppose that will be my next stop. Thanks again to everyone that replied to me.
Yep call ahead and as mentioned SG does have it. If you just want one box just pick out some other stuff to hit the $200 mark and the ship is free at least. Of course now is not the time to try but when the pipe line fills again this shows you why anyone who shoots should learn to roll their own too. Takes a little investment in stuff so you can be prepared but damn its worth it when these panic shortages hit like this. When you get some and try to gun you want save that brass!;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews