JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the test loads I did them to 2.80, there was some slight variation from 2.795 to 2.82. I loaded 43.5 43.8 44.0 and 44.2 of varget hope to shoot it soon. These will be first rounds through the rifle excited to see how it shoots.

made it out to shoot yesterday and test the loads. The rifle seemed to like the 44.2g varget with the 168 eld match. It is an ar10 with a 16" barrel. We chronograph and it was 2471 fps. The next best group was the load i started with 43.5g of varget. I did not chrono that load to know a difference but there was a significant improvement in groups with the 44.2g over all others. Will be loading some more soon and hope to do some more shooting soon, for now going to load up some more with 44.2g of varget.

Hell of a spread on those loads!
and a difference of 7gr of powder too!

You're welcome, varget will probably be more accurate.
Never tried Varget before, but I try to avoid blanket statements like that, and let the results prove themselves. ;-)

i really like above 45 but below 47gr of BL-C(2) for all of my 165gr nos. BT and accubonds. ive used the same load with 168gr eld match bullets with good results.
22" savage 11
nothin special. just a hunting rifle.
have used a micron less than 42gr H4895 for my steel ringing loads for my LR308. hornady 150gr FMJBT.
Varget is very popular in 308.
POST RESULTS!!:D

nosler states blc2 is the most accurate powder used in their reloading manual for their 165-168gr bullets. i have found it to be really consistant and not temperature sensitive. YMMV.
ive shot in sub freezing weather and over 100* weather with them. no change.
Is that no change in POI, or no change in MV?

You guys think go with the hornady recommended 2.80 coal?
On my LR308, found it sometimes wouldn't return to battery properly if I wasn't shooting 2.800 or less. Milsurp would get me 1.5MOA, which I found acceptable from a 16" barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top