JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first build was a .300 Blackout.
I chose high quality parts and paid the man his $200.00 to sbr it, and when coupled with an AAC 7.62 sdn-6 suppressor it's wicked quiet.
I have had no issues with any factory ammo that I've used so far, unlike a lot of other folks that can't seem to dial theirs in.

I don't know the 300 Blackout . But have considered it. And here is my thinking.

300 Blackout is about a 115 grain bullet at 2295 FPS. With a 16'' barrel. With a SBR conversion its 2050 FPS. Congratulations! You have a 30 carbine.

Hey, I like the lowly 30 carbine with a 110 grain bullet at 2000 FPS. At about five pounds the little 30 carbine is very handy. And my M1A1's are short when I fold down the stock.

I would like to go shoot some melons with a 300 Blackout some time. Just to get a feel for it. My thought is it would be a lot like my AK's with 7.62x39? And there is the rub.

The AK's round is about a 124 Grain bullet at about 2300FPS? Never looked too hard at the 7.62x39 as I don't enjoy the AK. I like the gun. I just don't enjoy shooting them much. But is the 7.62x39 not real close to the 300 Blackouts performance?

I've been buying all I want at Curt's Discount Supply for $18.00 super sonic and $22.00 sub sonic. 20 rds per box.
The beauty of .300 Blackout is that you can trim down any spent .223 / 5.56 casings and roll your own.

Last Edited:
This is why I built my .300 blk sbr.

Yeah, sound-wise, that's just freaking amazing.

I'm normally an AK guy, so loud guns don't bother me (that's what ear pro is for), but I was curious to go the opposite end of the spectrum and build an AR that I'd eventually like to get a suppressor for... hence 300 BLK

Yeah, sound-wise, that's just freaking amazing.

I'm normally an AK guy, so loud guns don't bother me (that's what ear pro is for), but I was curious to go the opposite end of the spectrum and build an AR that I'd eventually like to get a suppressor for... hence 300 BLK

OK you have guns that ,IMO have a better caliber already.The ballistics of the X39 are every bit as good or better than the 300blk.
BUT!!!!!
When you suppress it,then the gloves come off in that fight.
My friend has an AR that is sooo quiet it is funny.But he has a "Handy Rifle" in 300 that is as silent as a gun can get.Changing the real meaning of that gun just a bit,lol
The 300 is a great round if you don't mind spending the coin on ammo,loading your own or converting the 223 brass to 300 and loading your own.If you don't reload it's expensive.What 3X more than 7.62X39?
Sub sonic it is the perfect round.220 gr bullet makes a wicked bang on the gong end.Only way to tell if my buddy is shooting the 22 or 300 suppressed

I'd choose my .45ACP Mech-Tech upper for quietly launching 230 grainers through the ol' Osprey.
For 123 gr. at 2395fps, it's hard to beat Wolf WPA for less than $0.25 delivered price.

If there's a big benefit for you to have a single arm for both applications, then yes, 300BLK might be the ideal choice. But before you go for it, check out one of those buck-a-pop factory rounds next to a WPA and behold how alike they are.

I am with Jbett98 I have one that is a dedicated suppressed upper. You just giggle when you shoot it. All you hear is the action when shooting it.....

I load all my own ammo as I had to build a 16 inch model also. Now that we can SBR in WA I may have to do one of those also. I do really like the 16 shooting 125 SMKs.

Got a 300 blk with 16 inch 1-8 barrel. I love it for one reason. It puts a deer capable round in an AR platform with no other changes than a new barrel. Yah it's not a power house but deer are not that hard to put down. I wouldn't use it for anything bigger and I wouldn't take it in the high mountains where 300 yard shots are common. It's a low land brush gun.

My 10.5 300BLK runs flawlessly.

I sprayed it with break cleaner when I first put it together. Since then it's been dirty and abused floating around the back of my truck, next to the bed, strapped to the side of my pack. I drop some lube in it every now and then and forget about it.

I built it January of 2014. I probably have 800 or so rounds in it, with no issues. Not the highest of round counts, but enough for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top