JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a 4" Smith Model 28 for years now. A pretty good shooter. I bought as a police trade in back in the 80's when the "wonder nine" semi auto wave swept the land. It is a good gun for home defense and has been on many camping trips but is not desirable for my EDC needs at this point in life. I would jump at a Model 13 K frame if I ever found one at a reasonable price.

Just looked at the Taurus 66 it was okay seemed to lock up fine its from the mid 80s the grip and the backstrap didnt match up very good the triger both DA/SA was very smooth he wanted 450.00 I might have been able to talk him down a bit but I have a Ruger Security six in my sights for 500.00 thats a duh no brainer
Get the Security Six
@rjmt knows how to set up those triggers

Just looked at the Taurus 66 it was okay seemed to lock up fine its from the mid 80s the grip and the backstrap didnt match up very good the triger both DA/SA was very smooth he wanted 450.00 I might have been able to talk him down a bit but I have a Ruger Security six in my sights for 500.00 thats a duh no brainer
Nice Tauruses are nice. But, he's still about $100 too high. The Ruger is another gun that, while they never win beauty contests, there is no record of one ever wearing out. Your grandchildren will love it.

Nice Tauruses are nice. But, he's still about $100 too high. The Ruger is another gun that, while they never win beauty contests, there is no record of one ever wearing out. Your grandchildren will love it.
I did break an SP101 after 30 years, but Ruger fixed it free and I had it back in 4 days
bend the cylinder lockup pawl

Love my 4" GP100!

741490AE-80AC-49B4-8D50-0C1CD4D3A748.jpeg

Hogue makes a grip that will stop the back of the trigger guard ramming your finger every time you fire. It looks nice too.

View attachment 1187604
That was an older photo, I already have the Hogue grip on it.

Here ya go… fresh 'n hot right off the grill!

C01FEE72-890E-4522-A133-428B74B49CEA.jpeg

this is one of the first SP101 made, back in 1989
it's been my wife's purse gun since then
this one is a .38 spc, not .357
but loaded with Buffalo Bore heavy .38+P semi wad cutters

View attachment 1187617

The newer ones have that maker's roll stamp on the bottom of the full lug instead of slathered on the left side of the barrel…. Thank GAWD!

View attachment 1187621

All y'all are trippin on the price of a vintage Taurus. Hundreds spend like twenties these days.

Dinner for 8 was $460 just this last Saturday. Plus tip
LOL…. I recently dropped $365 at Claim Jumper for my Dad's 75th B-day for a party of four.

At least you got to choose the tip. I picked up the check for my mother-in-laws birthday dinner this month and the restaurant automatically added a 21% tip for a "large party".
I love to drop a lavish tip on servers who do their job well (or just busting their hump doing the best they can), sometimes up to 50%.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top