JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A bit of reading required here. But well worth it. Much of it can be considered "Problem Two" - what to do AFTER your physical preps are in place.

Ok you've already got the nine B's (Berkey (i.e. water), beans, bullets, bandaids, batteries, bullion, books, barter, beliefs) then it's time to think about the tenth B - "buddies". Lone wolves, no matter how well equipped, will get picked off early in the upcoming festivities.

1. How to find people who think like you:

http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2016/03/11/hiding-in-plain-sight-there-are-others-like-us/

2. People who will be a threat to you:

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...s-people-to-avoid-after-the-collapse_03092016

3. Why you (a) should keep OPSEC and (b) MUST NOT keep all your preps in one obvious place:

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/preps/anti-hoarding-laws-will-enable-gov-to-take-your-food-storage/

I admit I have not dispersed my preps as well as I wish. :( I'm working on it though. Your suggestions on the matter are cordially solicited.

One little thought, if you add rice to your beans you can live off the two forever but not alone...

It's taken me almost 40 years to have 4 family's in my life that I would trust my life too. Thankfully, 2 of them live within a couple miles of me - although one is also going to hunker in so I might have one family come to my location at most. Plus all of my neighbors are polite and friendly with each other so while I wouldn't trust them to have my back, as a group if we blockaded our streets then we could stay safe for quite some time I would think.

It's times like that though that if your group doesn't have a strong leader then you might be better off alone..?

What I find interesting about the read is how it truly addressed todays mind set of entitlement and how those groups would be a threat and should perish if need be.
These are the people who hate guns now, think prepping is stupid and yet will want what you
have with no work or effort..........gees sound familiar ?

What I love to see is PPL who post questions that have obvious and easily accessed answers but they feel entitled to impose on others to research answers for them. I can't help but wonder just how they intend to fend for themselves, what is their game plan when no one will fetch and deliver their survival on a silver platter?

What I love to see is PPL who post questions that have obvious and easily accessed answers but they feel entitled to impose on others to research answers for them. I can't help but wonder just how they intend to fend for themselves, what is their game plan when no one will fetch and deliver their survival on a silver platter?

I think this is true to a point, but also a bit of a misrepresentation thereafter. One thing I've been noticing lately is the avalanche of trash information out there. God forbid something is popular, or has the misfortune of sharing it's name, or a similar term with something that is, that makes it almost impossible to research. Think of "Smith's #15 recipe" you're going to have a billion things you don't want, but this is the nature of search engines, they rank the information by the aggregate of what people want, but are absolutely terrible at picking out the one you do.

To an extent, it's something of a duty for those of us who have knowledge to pass it on, yea, I get a little ranty sometimes when someone says "I want to learn how to reload" when I've probably typed 30 really good responses to that exact question in the reloading forum. But alas, I don't spend much time there anymore, because no one talks about how to adjust the shut height on an ammoload or any of the things I may need.

All in all, honest questions, have honest answers, and there are no stupid questions, but lots of inquisitive idiots :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top