JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got my Gen 4 G29. Brand new. I love shooting it.

But I'm having the same problem as I do on my Gen 3 G20.

The slide doesn't stay open after the last round is fired. This was a brand new gun. I fired 100 rounds maybe. Everything is stock on the 29.

Is this a coincidence or something I'm doing? Like limpwristing or the opposite I guess would make more sense.

I have taken the 20 apart and checked the lever spring. It's under the top pin.

Different mags. If I hand-rack, both stays.

I was using DT 180gr advertised as 1350 I think out of a 5" barely. As well as some of my own hand loads. All of them on the warmer side.

It'll take me another outing to figure if I'm limping or squeezing the slide stop.

I'll take them both apart and double check everything....

If the same thing is happening with two Glocks, the common thing between the two is YOU. Your support thumb absolutely must be holding the slide catch so it does not push up into the slide upon empty mag.

I had the opposite problem and was pushing up my slide stop in the middle of a mag. I had actually installed extended versions of the part. I went back and put in the originals so I didn't do that during a DGU.

It has to be user error. Not conscious, not a skill issue. I'm not admonishing you or anything. But it sounds to me like you may need to look at the placement of your support thumb.

If the same thing is happening with two Glocks, the common thing between the two is YOU. Your support thumb absolutely must be holding the slide catch so it does not push up into the slide upon empty mag.

I had the opposite problem and was pushing up my slide stop in the middle of a mag. I had actually installed extended versions of the part. I went back and put in the originals so I didn't do that during a DGU.

It has to be user error. Not conscious, not a skill issue. I'm not admonishing you or anything. But it sounds to me like you may need to look at the placement of your support thumb.

Now, now! Let's not be hasty to assign blame!

They are Glocks after all! There could be rodent scat around the slide stop or any number of other bugs involved!:D
Hope you get it worked out!:)

My buddy has the same issue with the two Glocks he owns. He is right handed and it happens almost every mag. Now, I'm left handed and can shoot both of his and both of mine and the slide locks back every time. Point? His thumb and most likely yours are resting on the slide stop.

shoot left handed on the last round and s the if it locks back. that way your thumbs arent holding the mag catch down. has anyone else shot your glocks? does it do it to them?

Floppy thumbs.

A 1/2 to 3/4" wide piece of stair tread tape, stuck below the slide release can give the thumb something to "stick" to.

Also, check out the grip style that places the right thumb on top of the left thumb as both thumbs point at the target, parallel to the barrel. Putting a little pressure of the right thumb down onto the left one can help secure this wayward digit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top