JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The 2nd Annual KRRC Silencer Shoot is tentatively scheduled for Saturday July 21, 2012 from 10am to 4pm. Suppressed firearms will be available for use by the public. The address is 4900 Seabeck Highway NW, Bremerton WA 98312.

This event is free for KRRC members and non-members that bring a suppressed firearm to the event. All others pay the normal $15 range fee. Non-members will be briefed by a Range Officer prior to being allowed on the rifle line.

Eye and ear protection is mandatory. While suppressed firearms can be much less noisy, they can still damage hearing especially when used in an enclosed area such as the rifle line at the KRRC.

Vendors are welcome. We have pistol bays where you can set up your wares to display or demo them. Due to a recent lawsuit, machine guns, cannons and explosives are no longer permitted at the KRRC. Vendors please contact me prior to the event so that I know how many are showing

I plan on bringing several suppressed firearms to the silencer shoot. I will have about 500 rounds of centerfire ammo and a few thousand rounds of rimfire ammo. Anyone who brings their own commercial ammo is welcome to use it in my firearms.

Randy Bragge
[email protected]
(360) 440-5889

I just got back. It was pretty cool. Randy's .510 Whisper was pretty sweet. Sadly the wife had something come up and I had to leave early. :( Nice meeting you though, Randy. Maybe I'll sign up for one of your silencer classes sometime. I've been thinking about it but I don't have the tools or skills to make any right now and I don't really have the money either.

Turn out was lower than last year. In 2011 the shoot was advertised as free and there were dozens of people lined up to sign into the range with many more arriving throughout the afternoon. This year I was the only person with suppressed firearms so it was like I had the rifle line to myself. I was disappointed that no other members or guests showed with their own suppressed firearms. One vendor showed (Cascade Arsenal), they had a very nice straight pull integrally suppressed 10/22.

Only a few people got turned away from the range due to the shoot, a few were given directions to Poulsbo otherwise people were encouraged to try the silencer shoot. I think the combination of the nice weather, $15 fee and the fact that silencers are not the novelty they were a year ago probably was responsible for the lower turnout.

We finally got a large steel plate installed at the 200 yard line. It is inside of a large tractor tire to catch lead and copper fragments. The plate was a big hit with the public shooters. I was using the cheaper (less accurate) M33 and cast bullets in my 510 and 338 whispers but the plate was still very easy to hit and made a huge clang when hit with the 300 and 637 grain bullets. I was told that people in the pistol bays on the other side of the berm could barely hear the muzzle report, but the metal clanging was loud. The tire caught lots of jackets stripped from the steel cores of the M33 ball bullets, a few 850 grain lead slugs and one steel core that had a flattened nose. Aiming about three feet high allowed routine hits with the subsonic 22lr. That gong was a big hit with me too.

Ranb

Edited to say 200 yards vs 2000 yards.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top