JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the time, the Militia was as well armed as the nation's army. In fact, many reported with their own firearms. Should that happen today in the modern military, I'm afraid many of the "Militia's" weapons would be deemed unacceptable.

From my perspective, the citizens of this country should be able to own the same conventional weapons as the military.

We have the best one......."Behind every tree and bush"

So I visited the website, and its header has a quote by "Eugene V. Debs". I went and looked the fellow up :)

Now, I happen to enjoy history... So I already Knew what the IWW was... But for thems that do not know... More from Conservapedia:

Not a group leader I would want to be quoting from, to show that "Our Group" is pro 2a !!!

philip,
(underneath those kind words*... Lies a lie).

*at the website... :d

Grrrreaaat CATCH :D:D:D:s0155:

I have seen a couple different applications of the words “well regulated” but depending on when it is interpreted, there were different interpretations. Pre-civil war (Antebellum Period) and Reconstruction period interpretations were different. “Militia” and “free State” are vital to the interpretation because it always leads back to the “right of the people to keep and bear arms” for the absolute right to protect and defend themselves and to be able to be called “to the town square” in times necessary to ward off foreign or domestic enemies. So it entails BOTH a collective right and the individual right to keep and bear. “Well regulated” seems to have meant both well armed, and well “organized”. What the 2A did not do, was establish a State by State National Guard, nor did the establishment of the National Guard replace, repeal, or diminish the individual RIGHT of the people to keep and bear.

I ascribe to what Taku said about our enemies. Further, reflecting on the President’s threat to veto any move by Congress to impose, uphold, or establish any sanctions against Iran; his exposure of Israeli military plans to Iran; the use of the power of his office to expose this Country to the imminent danger posed by lifting sanctions against Iran; compounded by having his Secretary of State sign a UN Treaty that abrogates the Sovereignty of this Country and abandons the Second Amendment, leaving the people vulnerable to seizure by domestic and/or foreign forces, it is my belief that these actions fall under the scrutiny of Article 2 Section 4 and per Article 3 Section3, has “adhered to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.” I believe these acts are only the starting point on the justification to move to impeachment. He has and continues to boast that he will impose his will on us despite Constitutional restraints. I could go on at length. There have been so many reasons and our elected elitist politicians continue to do nothing. I never thought I would see these times in my own life time.

I believe these acts are only the starting point on the justification to move to impeachment. He has and continues to boast that he will impose his will on us despite Constitutional restraints. I could go on at length. There have been so many reasons and our elected elitist politicians continue to do nothing. I never thought I would see these times in my own life time. .

YES !!!!!
But they are all traitors and should be scrutinized in the same way.
He should have been impeached 4 years ago.

After many years of following gun rights ,fire arms law and 2A issues,I've come to the conclusion that ,the single biggest
problem is ,that a great many sworn public officials have failed to live up to their official oath of office. This starts at the
POTUS and reaches through state offices clear into city and town governments.
My message to all to whom this may apply,Be prepared to live up to your oath of office or be replaced.

................................Jack

Fort Rock, you make very valid points about "various meanings" of Well Regulated ...

That is why, on All my computers, Smart Phone &c, that I have a copy of Webster's 1828 Unabridged Dictionary.

That book is still so close as to be 100% accurate to the Word Usage, that our Founding Father USED.

IOW, They spoke of the Tree of Liberty. In todays usage, you could come up with a very off the wall use of "Tree" and try to Shoe Horn it into redefining what the FF ~meant~ OK, you, Taku, simon99, me... Others, Might See through the subterfuge... But all that really matters is that the Subterfuge be:

1. Be Outed.
2. Be corrected, after being outed.
3. Be continually Corrected.

Those who deliberately put forth Subterfuge, MUST BE OUTED. We must, that is we, who ~really understand~ What is Correct, must continue to Speak out, against where ever we see innocent words mis-used to create the Deception that PROGRESSIVES try to sneak in.

Segue: Do you notice my use of the Word ~Correct~ ????? I Purposely do not say "Right". They are Two separate concepts!!!!

I no longer use the word "Conservative", Without immediately DEFINING what that means to me.

I do not want someone to be Defining it, to their needs.

Another Segue, and then I'll close. Regardless who says what, Truth only has one viewpoint.Period.End of Sentence. If someone tries to show another view of Truth, it is Simply Wrong. See, Correct = Not Wrong, it does Not = Right.

Right, is a direction, as viewed from your eyes looking out, It is the side of your Body that sailors would describe as the "Starboard side" versus the "Port Side".... My older Brother had a learning disability, he could, up till he DIED, never get Left/Right correct....

But he lasted Six Years in the Navy, and By Gum Golly, he could turn to the Starboard, if'n you asked him too... ;)

philip
In the BoonDocks... I'll step down from the podium now, and off the Soap Box... Sit a spell, read some more posts here....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top