JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No advantage over a 257 Roberts, a 2506 outshines it especially if you roll your own. Most of the short mags are going to fade into the sunset, if you ask me. And, you're giving up on cartridge in magazine capacity.

A 25-06 in a short package. If a somewhat shorter, lighter rifle is your desire, and you reload, nothing wrong with it. If you don't reload, you have to be sure to get your ammo in advance as it isn't as widely available as other calibers. Both the 25-06 and 25 WSSM can safely be pushed beyond factory loadings if you feel the need for speed. Both are sufficiently flat at factory levels, in my opinion.

A better comparison is the 257 Bob +P rather than the original 257.

25's are good cartridges with wide applicability.

I currently use .25 wssm in olympic arms AR. First year have not hand loaded for it yet but have used for target shooting and took a nice blacktail. No issues 1" at a hundred yards with factory ammo. Also own a MG arms 25-06 that is much better on paper, no difference in the field for sure. Do enjoy the Ar platform shooting like my bolt gun for sure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top