JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen both at most stores I go to. One thing to remmeber is how many rounds are you going to shoot. 223 is going to be cheaper than the 308 in the long run:s0155:

They are both about equally available.

Do you care to elaborate on your intended use or why you are comparing?

Prudence. If anyone wants to commit their self to an all around good utility rifle and part of the equation of that choice is choosing a caliber that will stand the best chance of being available if economics got accutely bad, what caliber would stand the best chance or being available. Also, if its premature to assume that .223 or .308 are the only options for that question, other suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks.

Both have extensive battlefield experience and would make a good choice but are very different in terms of practical purpose and specific end use.

I would say if price is a large factor the .223 is a good capable man stopper (unless there is body armor involved) and .308 Is even better at either close or long range but significantly more expensive. That being said stocking up is a great way to beat future economics and uncertainty and what you can afford is the best choice. If price is a huge issue go 7.62x39 and get an AK

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top