JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a combination of a 221 Fireball, 5.7x28 and a 9mm. I think it might be another answer to one of those questions that was never asked? But some of us gun nuts will probably bite on the concept, especially if it is in a low cost RIA platform.

Made to compete with the 5.7 round I guess. But I have read that the 5.7 isn't that much better than a 22mag

Barely.. From reading, the bullets they use in the .22 TCM is proprietary. They make no mentions whether or not that specific bullet is needed to achieve such velocities from their platform. the SS197SR is only 200 FPS slower than the .22TCM round, from a shorter barrel. I have 40gr loadings for my FSN pistol that are as fast as their listed defense round (2000+ fps). I think it appeals to 1911 owners, but it still won't be cheap to shoot, and for it's heft, why not just carry a standard .45 ACP 1911.

Stated .22 TCM velocities:
Our training ammunition is 40gr. Hollowpoint at 1950 fps.
Our defense load is a 40gr. Hollowpoint at 2050 fps.

Cost is $25/box for training ammo, 50 rounds. $7 more per box than average SS197SR
From somewhere else

It's still just an expensive 22. That's all.And although 22s have been used to kill mofo's in the past,it isn't an optimum defense round. Any kind of 22 needs perfect shot placement on humans.