JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uh maybe it's just me but what about actual wasp/hornet spray? Shoots 20 ft and drops wasps instantly or maybe carb cleaner that does the same and like mentioned above can be an improvised flame thrower but kinda dangerous. I have Federal rat shot which is crimped at the end rather than the lil capsules like CCI which in my experience works better for dispursion on rats but there are only so many pellets per shot and hitting a 2" target might prove a challenge at greater distance. I think carrying a spray can with multiple shot bursts and 20-22' range would be better and no damage to property or persons.

raid-wasp-and-hornet-killer-33.png

Any firearm has too much potential for collateral damage. :eek:

Stop off at Good Will and pick up a couple of Badminton Rackets.:confused:

They're cheap, light weight, easy to swing quickly and, I've found, one
swipe takes the wings right off of a hornet, or horse fly. :D

Then you step on the body and listen for the crunch. :)

How fast you bring your foot down will, of course depend whether you've
been bitten/stung or not. :mad:

When I lived in Arkansas, a horsefly bit me pretty good... blood all running down my back. I trotted up to the house and got a badminton raquet, and lucky for me, the horsefly was still around when I came back. Service with a smile!

The bugasalt will work it's made to destroy the flys or what ever you are shooting at WINGS then you can give it a kill shot once it can't fly .
Or in the case of spiders you just get close to it and shot gun it's soft body.

When I lived in Southern Idaho we had a big problem with those monster sized European Yellow Jackets that were actually much meaner than these hornets (thank God)! And we frequently swarm around my face and build big nests inside the overhang and gutters of my house as well around my yard. Well, every day I would go outside for coffee and to enjoy the yard these suckers would terrorize me. So, I bought one of those high energy yellowjacket zapper tennis racket and I was shocked at how well they worked. I was killing lots of yellow jackets , literally in mid-air with them. The problem is the one I bought , the damn thing stopped working after just one week of zapping bugs. THey also are fun to kill mosquitoes with. I would have a nice little light show at night zapping 100s of mosquitoes. They end up smelling like BBQ.. It actualy makes killing hornets and yellow jackets kind of fun. I know going up against Hornet-Zilla would be kind of terrifying, but I cannot see why if it fries a yellow jacket it cannot fry a hornet. You got to get the zappers that have the multiple D batteries. They have quite a bit of juice.

sh-Net-and-Built-in-Flashlight-Kills-Insects-Gnats.jpg

Anyhow, I wonder if this may be a better option than a firearm? I mean if the damn thing is just sitting on your house wouldn't it make more sense to use Hornet spray? Avoid using RAID that stuff is garbage.. Everyone in North Carolina knew Hot Shot (which is cheaper than Raid) was the best poison to kill hornets. I am sure it will kill Giant Asian HOrnets too.. They are bigger and scarier but their respiratory system isn't a whole lot more complex. That Hot Shot worked good because when I lived in North Carolina those freakin monsters were everywhere! Sometimes they build a nest right on your front porch literally in afew days and one day you walk outside and they are swarming all around you.. I cannot tell you how many hornet nest I had to kill living in Charlotte. I know why they named their damn basketball team the hornets.

But, since The Northwest now will be plagued by these monsters, I took out a whole nest of hornets that tried to murder me a while back once they went back to their nest after whacking it by mistake. I literally watched a whole bunch of them crawl out of that nest to their painful and agonizing slow death.. I watched with much satsifcation after they swarmed my face and tried to kill me when I was mowing the lawn.

I guarantee you will kill more monster hornets with this stuff than even the best hornet killing firearm and it won't damage your house.
Z0uL2vhcpEx_.jpg

As a painting contractor in my past life.. I can say for sure that when it comes to domestic yellow jackets, wasps and hornets that a coat of paint on the wings drops them instantly.

Nothing like being 30' up on a ladder spraying eaves when a yellow jacket nest unloads on you. Their Achilles Heel is their wings... very delicate and something as simple as a mist of paint takes them out.

Regarding these Asian Honets... not sure how sturdy their wings are, but a can of spraypaint (lacquer, etc) or even better yet clear Flex Seal sprayed on them should ground them (use clear so over spray doesnt discolor your house)

Those were great when they had a 9 volt battery.:)
Now, anything larger than a mosquito requites repeated zaps, or they will fly away.:mad::mad::mad:

We have a couple of the harbor freight electric tennis rackets that take 2 D cells. It doesnt zap the larger bees like the flys but it does lock them up and they start smoking if you hold down the button. We usually pin them against a window. Good times. :)

it will have too much spread at 2 story house distances with a rifled barrel. Good for small birds but will probably miss a big bug, and not semi auto, so hard to reload fast enough.

Henry makes a smooth bore .22 garden gun just for this that might work.

Shop-Vacs work wonders against hornets and other bugs indoors... I cannot tell you how many hornets and yellow jackets I have sucked up with those.. It immediately rips their wings off and also sucks out their brain matter. Get one of those super extension hoses.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews