JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the doom and gloom talk these days along with ammo prices. Since we all like our "cool" guns this means that there is more of a market for .22 "clone" guns.

I see ATI came out with their STG-44 rifles, American Tactical Imports How cool is that. While I know it is not a "real" one it is still super cool to shoot and much cheeper. Has anyone had a chance to try one? After calling around a bit I found a shop that had 2 left in stock and they are holding one for me until I can get down there in a week.

ATI-STG44.jpg

On the way home today I took a different route and stopped by a gun shop on the way to see if they had the STG before I had the other shop hold one. At this shop they had a M1 Carbine "clone" on the shelf, <broken link removed> This seems like a neat little gun but the reviews seem real mixed. The other "downside" to this gun is that it appears that you can only get 10rd mags for it. Any one have any experience with these?

citadelm101.jpg

As I have said in some of my other posts that I shoot a lot more .22 these days. Here are some good suggestions of fun ones,
Of course an AR-15. Mine is a Spikes lower with CMMG dedicated upper

DSC_0004-4.jpg

AKT-98 which is a Romainian AK with only about 1200 imported. I hear good things about the ATI ones though

DSC_0002-2.jpg

The GSG-5's are a lot of fun and super reliable. I did a 2500 round no cleaning "test" on one and never had a failure

DSC_0026.jpg

Then there is Auto Ordnance 1927a3

DSC06017.jpg

Kimber 1911/22 and there are several other companies making these now also

DSC04443.jpg

I also have a Bingham PPS-50 with 50rd drum but no pic right now. These are now being made by Puma

Post up any other good options for cool "clones". Yes I know there are lots of other .22's like the 10/22 but they are not a "clone" of military style rifles.

I had a chance to shoot a suppressed gsg and talk about cool. the only sound you could hear was the firing pin. And shooting a full auto ak74 was a bit cooler but yeah, 22's are fun and cheap to shoot. But it seems even the "clone" style .22's are hard to find right now.

If you want a M1 carbine in 22LR, there are a couple of "tribute" stocks you can get for the Ruger 10/22. I'd go that way rather than the citadel.

I have several 10/22'S and I have semi considered that. While functionally the 10/22 may run a bit better, and there is the mag interchangeability, it is not quiet as close of a "clone" as the Citadel.

I've invested in Ruger 10/22s.

So, besides the bull barrel 10/22s, I have an Archangel Nomad and an Archangel AA556R. Next will probably be the stock change- M1 Carbine 10/22 Tribute Project.

Aloha, Mark

Marlin 795 and Marlin 7000.
Great accuracy. Only real downside, limited magazine capacity and the darn FCG/Trigger Guard can crack because it's not reinforced with a metal gromets. But other than that great great affordable rifles, and very accurate.

M&P 15-22's are awesome. Maybe 5K rounds through mine and wish I could shoot it every day. Set it up just like your 556 AR and pick your cost of each range trip or bring both. ..neither are happening for me right now :-( Damn you hoarders!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top