JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@EPS I'm not referring to a blast diverting device on a high volume cartridge.

I'm more curious if anyone has stuck one with a baffle design on a 22lr rifle and noticed a difference in sound.

I can't find anything anywhere on this.

I know 22 silencers like the Bowers Bitty, is tiny. Not much internal volume, and something like 2 or 3 baffles. Yet it can make a rifle in 22 Hollywood quite.

So if a single baffled muzzle brake had a sizable volume, in theory, it should control some of the report.

Yep some of these guys selling these things are really pushing the limits of illagal .
Be careful what you wish for .
I heard one guy selling those "muzzle brakes"
On eBay got busted by ATF .for making and selling suppressor parts

Ya, I'm not looking to skirt the law. These krink brakes and noveske products are 100% legal.

I have seen them my blast can works but it's not quite ask @AndyinEverson it deverts the blast away but it's still loud this gun 10.5 barrel IMG_20180629_125618.jpg IMG_20180629_125704.jpg

I have shot an ar with the noveske pig. It did seem quieter, but the the thing is a boat anchor. Heavy thing to put on a little .22.
I have a KX5 on a 7.5". I just don't want to take it apart to try it out.

I figure I'll likely break down and buy the 50ish dollar one I linked earlier and try it out.

In my head it makes sense, but that's not always worked out in reality.

251FA5CE-AE3E-4857-A6C7-482F393109D7.jpeg

Found a discount code and placed an order.

Will report back if once I get the opportunity to shoot with it on.

Screaming Banshee 3 Piece Can Krink Muzzle Brake AR-15 .223 Size: AR-15 - .223/5.56 1/2x28 pitch - $30.40 after code "BLOWOUT50" (Free S/H over $199)
well if your findings are positive and do reduce sound do not report them here...or it will get banned or on a atf list.
if it doesn't change anything then report back...
kinda like the arm brace issue...people kept asking questions so the atf said no more shouldering...obviously that was redacted but still...
now the atf will start trolling Ebay and ban all the items that make form 1 suppressors so freaking easy...the less we say the better. conversions and questions around campfires or bar room tables are better than on the internet....well about the cool stuff:cool:

Good point. I tried looking for the ATF letter on the Noveske KX3, but couldn't find it. There was a letter stating it is not a suppressor, simply a flash reduction device.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews