JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got some stuff to essentially make my 22/45 mark IV Tactical an optic ready pistol. A holosun 507c and a definitive arms low pro mount.

upload_2018-11-7_14-58-50.jpeg
upload_2018-11-7_14-59-23.jpeg
upload_2018-11-7_14-59-58.jpeg

I bought the tactical as I liked the barrel profile and length with the threaded muzzle. I don't really like the light models, or I should say I really don't like the cuts they make on them.

I took off all the rails this model comes with. Useless really. I took off the sights.

Is there a company that makes inserts for dovetails? I don't plan on having sights on this guy so I'd like to put an insert into the dovetail where the rear sight was.

I have a handful of set screws that will go into all the freaking holes from all the rails that were on it.

I've installed a Tandom Cross trigger shoe, but still need to get a few internals. Like the Volquartsen hammer and sear with magazine delete. I hate the safety on this thing. It is too big and gets in the way. I'm looking for a solution, haven't found one yet.

I'm thinking about getting the upper cerakoted. Maybe the grip. I'm liking this combo so far but I won't have all the contrasting black.

upload_2018-11-7_14-56-44.jpeg

Might just get the receiver/barrel done in midnight blue.

Also looking for new grips. Anyone know of anyone making grips for the 22/45 yet?

It's getting there. B1BB110A-0F09-4A4F-A753-1228F69B0BE9.jpeg

Should be very nice. I have been a fan of the MK's all my life. The MKIV was a great idea. As for grips I have not tried yet but another poster here has said 1911 grips often fit. in one post someone was asking about CT Laser grips and the poster showed how he had put a set for 1911's on his 22/45.

I think it looks pretty hot as is. Volquartsen makes a dovetail picatinny base that could possibly house your optic. Tandem Kross makes some nice stuff. You've probably already looked at their Cornerstone 1911 style safety/thumbledge...it's large, but at least it's multi-functional.

Last Edited:
Never cared for the 22/45 variants much myself, I prefer the steel grip frame and the steeper grip angle of the standard mark series. The 22/45 always seem to have magazine ejection problems too, as in you have to pull the magazine from the grip frame when ejecting.

They all shoot good though!

Mark 4 22/45s have a spring loaded plunger in the bottom of the magwell that gets the magazine moving real quick out of the gun.

I've got a new 22/45 tactical that I've been playing with also.
tandemcross trigger and hive grips, vq trigger kit red dot sight and some more mags.
now just need to shoot it a lot.
MoLr2SU.jpg

Nice build! Burris make the dovetail mount you're looking for. About $50. The red dot mount screws should fit the Holosun. It fits a Vortex Venom perfectly.

IMG_1182.JPG

Last Edited:
I ordered a dovetail sight blank off the web.

I'm hoping the rear sight profile is a standard dovetail so it will fit.

I'll shape it some to make it look more like the rear sight never existed.

I'll fill the other holes with hex screws.

I'll mock it up once I get more of the parts in.

Can't say I've built one per se, but I've modified a couple to fit my needs. Which is exactly why I value the ubiquity of Ruger .22 pistols (and 10/22s).

Compared to my .45 acp 1911, the 22/45 felt a bit like a kid's toy. Of course it's lighter, but the grip is narrow too. Just a bit miniature all around for my distinctly medium paws.

So I fabbed some steel shims to add significant weight and width under the grip panels (more like a 1911). Added the crisper VQ trigger kit and mag release. Yanked out that ludicrous action-fowling full-chamber indicator dickcheesery and threw it in the garbage can (prudently regarding ALL firearms as loaded and chambered). Added some generic soft rubber Pachmayr-type grips that actually grip, and taller iron sights (Ruger parts) so the pistol remains useful with the red-dot removed and the rail still on it, should the battery fail.

ruger grips & shims.jpg

Ruger 2.JPG

Last Edited:
I looked at the dovetail mount, and the out impact. I wanted something more forward mounted. Then I found the Definitive Arms mount. They are also the ones that make the little buffer tube adapter for the ruger charger.

Anyways this mount is supposedly lower to the bore and mounts using the most forward two screw holes.

Last Edited:
All the pictures linked in my first post are from the web. The last one of the stripped upper is mine. Just wanted to reference a few things.

The mount I purchased is this one. I misspoke and put primitive arms. The brand is definitive arms. Through copper customs.

Copper Custom Armament

I also purchased the Holosun 507c to use with this mount. I got it off Amazon as most others have it out of stock. It uses Trijicon RMR bases. So it will work fine with the Definitive Arms base. Even Amazon is out of stock currently.

HS507C [HS507C] - $352.93 : HOLOSUN