JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Douglas Ridge Rifle Club 2015 calendar is available now: http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=drrc&op=cal&month=1&year=2015

USPSA shoots the first Saturday of the month - This is your pistol based run and gun
IHMSA shoots the first Sunday of the month - Precision pistol shooting 50-200 meters
Jr. Small bore shoots Tuesday nights - Youth positional shooting for score
Black powder cartridge shoots the second Tuesday afternoon - Think Quigley and buffalo at 800-1000 yards
Every other Wednesday is Ladies Night - informal, women pistol shooting
Adult Small bore is seasonal and shoots Friday nights - positional shooting for score
Blackpowder shoots the third Saturday of the month - muzzle loaders, tomahawks & throwing knives
3 gun shoots the third Sunday of the month - pistol, rifle, shotgun; move and shoot
NRA high power will start up in March, shooting the 4th weekend of the month

We also offer reloading classes, hunter education, service rifle (CMP) shoots, NRA refuse to be a victim, women's pistol training, archery 5 spot/3D events, Hunter Sight In, .22 rimfire challenge and of course, Project Appleseed.

All of these events are open to the public. Most have some sort of nominal participation fees. Each event also has passionate people eager to help you out, let you try different equipment and show you the ropes. Spectators welcome; please bring eye and ear protection.

Club membership is open with annual dues of $150 for card key access from 8a-sunset (10p for the indoor range). Covered pistol range (200 meters), covered rifle range (200 yards), dynamic range (153 yards), archery range (60 yards), indoor range (50'), and my personal favorite - Long Range Thursday's 1000 yards.

Happy shooting :s0003::s0007::s0006::s0010::s0015::s0017::s0019::s0024::s0034::s0035::s0031::s0130::s0038::s0041::s0048:

Moving to Molalla at the end of the month, thinking I will join DRRC in November. I've been to a couple Appleseeds at the silhouette range, what is the normal use of that range?

Hard question to answer - out of 104 weekend days 24 currently have nothing scheduled on the Silhouette range (and aren't long range days). Some of those events end as early as 2 or 3 and some run until 5:30. Then the range is available until Sunset which can be as early as 4:30 or as late as 9.

Fairly rare for the Silhouette range to be used during the week so it's almost wide open.

Hard question to answer - out of 104 weekend days 24 currently have nothing scheduled on the Silhouette range (and aren't long range days). Some of those events end as early as 2 or 3 and some run until 5:30. Then the range is available until Sunset which can be as early as 4:30 or as late as 9.

Fairly rare for the Silhouette range to be used during the week so it's almost wide open.
I think I misstated my question... If the silhouette range isn't being used for an event what can I shoot there? Handguns? Rimfire? High power rifles?

What about weekdays? I tend to not go do things like shooting or fishing on the weekend.

Ah - gotcha
Silhouette range: Any pistol, rim fire rifle, shotgun (must be slugs) and black powder. Carbines in pistol calibers.
Tactical Shotgun Bay: Any pistol or shotgun (no aerial shooting)
Dynamic range: Any pistol or rifle up to .50 (no .50 BMG allowed at DRRC)
100/200 covered rifle range: Any rifle up to .50 (no pistols may be shot on the rifle range - this is a recent thing so we are still finding people who don't know about this and can't read any of the 3 signs that are posted)

Some events have special permissions to do things like AR's on the Silhouette range - but those are only under controlled circumstances.

You can download the full SOP's here: http://www.douglasridge.org/drrc_handbook.pdf

I would like to scone what Kimber had to say. I have been a member for little over a year and I am able to go to the range during the week and some times I am there by myself. If you do any practical shooting the Dynamic range is where you are allowed to draw from the hip and as long as you are the only one in that range you can add movement as well. I shoot USPSA there as well so it nice to be able to practice at the range that belong to.

The only other thing I could add is that I don't think I have not meet a bad person there yet. Everyone is very friendly and will work to keep the range clean, safe and fun. Hope this helps and maybe I'll run into some day.

MD11Noser

What are yalls hours? I have been meaning to come down and join but with my working hours the only days I can do an orientation is Wednesday or Sundays. Is that possible? Can I schedule a separate one? Would love to join ASAP and start attending 3 gun matches.

I live too far away to join, but would like to join the Ladies night on occasion.
Can a non-member do that? I think the answer is yes but wanted to make sure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top