JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We hunted the metolius unit, sunday through wednesday. It was awesome! We killed 4 bucks in 4 days. Just hunted in between the big wind and rain storms and saw a lot of deer moving when the weather was calmer.

We hunted the metolius unit, sunday through wednesday. It was awesome! We killed 4 bucks in 4 days. Just hunted in between the big wind and rain storms and saw a lot of deer moving when the weather was calmer.

This is definitely one of my favorite units to hunt. I got my biggest deer and my only bear out of that unit. Congrats on the good hunt!!

Beaulah unit. Lots of deer. Passed on a small forked horn and a crab claw 3 point. Glassed for hours on end in the SE part of the unit near Ironside and never saw a single big buck. Moved to the NE side and saw even more deer, all in great shape, but no big bucks. Wasn't my year so I ate my tag.

We had a great opening weekend in Grizzly with 9 deer hanging the first weekend none smaller than mid sized 3 point. I got a dandy 3 point, see the picture. Second weekend was much tougher with little success. Now I need to try to fill the elk tag.

IMG_3118.jpg

After the wild weather settled down in the White River unit I missed two bucks in one day (that makes 3 misses and 7 hits in 12 years), and then connected with this one the next morning...

SM2013Deer.jpg

110# hanging weight.

My wife's family that ranches there told me that 40 bucks were legally taken off Juniper Flat this year. There was at least one illegally taken. It was shot from the road, then whoever it was drove right through a newly rebuilt fence line and across a wheat field to retrieve it. I found the break in the fence and the tire tracks. If I'd had my trail cam where it usually is I might have gotten some pictures of the culprits. It will cost about $500 to get the fence fixed. The family is understandably upset. I wouldn't want to be the next guy to pull up at the house and ask if he can hunt.

After the wild weather settled down in the White River unit I missed two bucks in one day (that makes 3 misses and 7 hits in 12 years), and then connected with this one the next morning...

SM2013Deer.jpg

110# hanging weight.

My wife's family that ranches there told me that 40 bucks were legally taken off Juniper Flat this year. There was at least one illegally taken. It was shot from the road, then whoever it was drove right through a newly rebuilt fence line and across a wheat field to retrieve it. I found the break in the fence and the tire tracks. If I'd had my trail cam where it usually is I might have gotten some pictures of the culprits. It will cost about $500 to get the fence fixed. The family is understandably upset. I wouldn't want to be the next guy to pull up at the house and ask if he can hunt.

Too bad you couldn't have caught the people who wrecked the fence, they are the ones who give us all a bad name. I talked to a cow boss who said someone stole their ATV ramps from under a loading shoot, and ran into a brand new powder river gate. Not to mention they left a bunch of gates open. This guy was a super nice guy, if it happens again, who ever is doing these things better hope they don't get caught by him. And, IF some land owners would let some people hunt, it just might detour some of the crap going on out on the property. Ask for DR lic #'s and car tag #'s then you know who's on the property, make them check IN and out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top