JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
20 days sober today. I also quit smoking the same day and added up how much I have saved not paying for my bad habits in 20 days and it was $660.

Thats a sig 365 or a glock 19x every 20 days…a 1000rd case of 5.56 ammo or 2 car payments.

I am not tooting my own horn but to anyone who is battling addictions I hope this may be encouraging to you or give you a goal to shoot for.

Isn't it funny how when your wife or kids need something that costs $40 you act like they are asking for too much but you can always find the money for those addictions?

I can't believe how sick I was until I wasn't anymore…

Wow, awesome. You don't have to play it off. That is straight up hero schiff, not easy at all. Every day you stay sober is a day the animal-hugging gun grabbers will regret.

Best of luck, and whatever happens, keep looking forward.

It sounds like you have the correct mindset to stay on top of this. you have my sincerest admiration!! May you have many, many, happy sober years!!
:s0132::s0132::s0132::s0132:

You know it was tough quitting both habits at the same time but it was also very important for me because if I slipped up on either thing I would just go ahead and do the other too. Honestly after the 20 days the cigarettes are not calling me as much as the whisky and beer are but still not real bad. I just shut off the thought as soon as it pops in my head.

When I gave up cigarettes it was cost, not health, that did it for me. That was when they were like $2 a pack and it was pissing me off enough to kick it. When I see people buying them now? I can not for the life of me fathom those who still do. Some are a C note a carton now:eek:

You should be very proud of yourself and keep up the outstanding job. On Sept 28th 1984, I took my last drink and never looked back. Alcohol did a ton of damage in my family and quitting save my butt.
I wish you many happy years of sobriety.
James

Congratulations.
Sobiety isn't for the weak minded.
The money savings is great but the best is yet to come around 6 and 12 months. The clarity that returns to your life is incredible.
I applaud your decision on putting the nicotine down as well.
Don't look back and if you ever need another sober ear to bend, reach out.

20 days sober today. I also quit smoking the same day and added up how much I have saved not paying for my bad habits in 20 days and it was $660.

Thats a sig 365 or a glock 19x every 20 days…a 1000rd case of 5.56 ammo or 2 car payments.

I am not tooting my own horn but to anyone who is battling addictions I hope this may be encouraging to you or give you a goal to shoot for.

Isn't it funny how when your wife or kids need something that costs $40 you act like they are asking for too much but you can always find the money for those addictions?

I can't believe how sick I was until I wasn't anymore…
I always liked the saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Also, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." You've chosen the best path. Congratulations and enjoy every moment!!!

@pnwhunter69 , I think you just started an accountability group for your sobriety without knowing it :) .

You are to report back every 20 days the status of your sobriety in this thread. If you want to share anything new you've purchased for yourself or family with the money saved we looking forward to hearing it!

If you already have an accountability group please keep us updated every now and then regardless. - PLEASE!
[h4][/h4][h4][/h4]

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews