JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At long last, my 300BLK SBR w/ silencer is completed! I started collecting parts for this back in August, but the form 1 and 4 only took around 5 months. I have 2 other form 4s that also completed in 5 months, so that seems to be a pretty nominal time. I went the trust route to avoid the extra step of fingerprints/pictures/signatures.

Special thanks to Varo over at OKII Guns. He really helped me by answering all my questions and with my paperwork (I was a total NFA noob going into this). He was also able to order a lot of hard to find Noveske items for me directly from them, even though they were out of stock. I'd really recommend him for any NFA (or normal) transfers!

Here are some pics of the gun. It's basically a Noveske 8.2" upper (their barrel, handguard, and VLTOR upper), on a standard Palmetto lower. Silencer is an AAC SDN-6.

done.jpg
full.jpg

No problem bud. What was the ammo availability of that cal. like before this whole mess?

Ammo was becoming more available, but I only saw it online. It was more available and cheaper than 6.8 ammo. Some small companies were putting out subsonic ammo at $0.80/rd, normally $1/round from Remington, and UMC was about $0.60/rd. The UMC was flying off the shelves before hand and Remington was trying to keep up. It looked like it was about to settle and maybe have some locally available when the panic hit.

No problem bud. What was the ammo availability of that cal. like before this whole mess?

I was finding it for around $.50/round supersonic and $.90/round subsonic. It was available online as the other guy said, but not in too many stores. The great thing about 300BLK is you don't need any special components to load your own, just 223/556 brass and 308 bullets. Cutting down your own 223 brass can be very fast and easy. Here is my (almost) idiot-proof setup:

1. Initial trim with harbor freight cutoff saw and custom jig. Can run about 10 cases/minute:
jig.jpg

2. Run the cut cases through a 300BLK sizer die

3. Do final trim with Little Crow worlds best case trimmer. This thing is amazing, just shove the case in and run your drill for about 1-3 seconds and they come out perfect everytime. I can turn out about 15-20/minute, and they are all within 1 mil of eachother!
trim.jpg

5 months on the stamps?? That's pretty quick from what I have been told, now I'm getting excited, I'm at month 5 on mine.

Great looking set up!!

Just got my lower engraved for a rifle just like this! Lets hoping for 5 months!

Also what are you loading up? Bullets, power, primer?

One more thing, want to make another jig and sell it to a fellow member? :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top