JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
The time has come for me to part with my dear Lexus LS400. I purchased this vehicle in the fall of 2014 to use for my commute between Beaverton and Gresham. Figuring I'd own this car for many years, a late-model LS400 was the clear choice for safety, reliability, comfort, and gas mileage. As someone in a long-term relationship with a Land Cruiser at 287k, the many reports of these cars running well into the 400k+ territory reinforced the idea. I knew I had to find the cleanest example I could if I expected that level of longevity. After a couple months of looking and many test drives, I came across this car one-family car in Hood River. Once the purchase was complete I set an appointment to have the the car brought up on all maintenance and address a couple of items found during the pre-purchase inspection (listed below). Though all of this came to nearly $2,500, I'm uncompromising about preventative maintenance and repairs. Since that time the car has needed nothing but oil changes, serving it's purpose gracefully while returning 28 mpg on I-84.

I'd describe the interior and exterior condition as good to very good, and I get quite a few compliments from people thinking it's a much newer car. The paint shines well and the interior leather is soft and supple (I conditioned it regularly). High resolution photos are available upon request. The car came with a small scrape on the bottom corner of the front valance, which may or may not buff out (it didn't bother me). I believe the only ding or dent is behind the left rear door, a small one easily corrected with paintless dent removal. The car needs nothing as far as maintenance or repairs, but I'm a strong advocate for pre-purchase inspections. I don't like wasting peoples' time and I don't believe in lying or withholding information, which is why I'm listing as much as I can in this ad. I want to make sure all parties are happy and the car finds a good home. I truly believe you won't find a safer, more comfortable, more reliable luxury sedan anywhere near this price point.

My asking price is $6,750 $6250 for NWFA members. I'll consider offers but I'm not in any hurry to sell. Lowballers will be ignored, as will scammers, people offering sale assistance, etc.

Thanks for reading!

Summary:
  • 1999 Lexus LS400
  • 182,xxx Miles
  • Clean Title (in my name, in my hand)
  • Black Exterior / Tan Leather Interior
  • Second Owner
  • No Accidents
  • 1UZ-FE V8 Engine (290HP/300LB-FT TQ)
  • 5-Speed ECT-I Automatic Transmission
  • High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlights
  • Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof
  • In-Dash 6-CD Changer
  • Vehicle Skid Control (VSC)
  • Aftermarket Car Cover
  • Original Owners Manual, Window Sticker, and Key Fobs (2)
  • Maintenance Records (mine, previous owners unavailable)
  • BONUS: Original Lexus Car Phone!

Recent Maintenance (performed around 174,000 miles at a cost of nearly $2,500):
  • Timing Belt
  • Water Pump
  • Water Pump Tensioners
  • Cam / Crank Seals
  • Drive Belts
  • Power Steering Vacuum Valve
  • Throttle Body Service (removed, cleaned, reinstalled)
  • Intake System Service (removed, cleaned, reinstalled)
  • Mass Airflow Sensor Service (removed, cleaned, reinstalled)
  • Power Steering System Flush
  • Rear Differential Service
  • New Tires

IMG_3287.JPG IMG_3289.JPG IMG_3290.JPG IMG_3291.JPG IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3293.JPG IMG_3294.JPG IMG_3295.JPG IMG_3296.JPG IMG_3297.JPG IMG_3298.JPG IMG_3299.JPG IMG_3300.JPG

That my friends is a nice ride at a nice price.

I've got its evil brother, an '03 LS430 black in & out.

Thanks! It's been a fantastic car. I'd keep it if I had space for it and my Land Cruiser. I know I could ask a bit more, but I'd rather give someone a deal and see it go to a good home.

I really like those LS430's, beautiful cars!

Very nice car. I sold my Pearl White LS430 last year and paid off debt. Now I drive a 98 Acura RL... I miss the Lexus... Very tempting but I really want a Land Cruiser... Good luck with Sale it should go quickly.

The guys over at the Porsche forum speak highly of used Lexus'.
I remember the Japanese CEO of our company getting one of these new and I was sooo jelly :D

Very nice car. I sold my Pearl White LS430 last year and paid off debt. Now I drive a 98 Acura RL... I miss the Lexus... Very tempting but I really want a Land Cruiser... Good luck with Sale it should go quickly.

Those Acura's are nice too. As someone who's owned several 5'ers, it's incredible how these Japanese cars just seem to keep on going. Land Cruisers are incredible vehicles. Sadly, I'm considering selling my FZJ80 as well. I just don't have the space, time, or money to justify having two vehicles right now.

The guys over at the Porsche forum speak highly of used Lexus'.
I remember the Japanese CEO of our company getting one of these new and I was sooo jelly :D

I did a ton of research before I bought this, and I still can't believe these V8's regularly last 300k-400k. The fact that I was giving up only 2mpg highway vs an Accord was just icing on the cake :D

If you decide to sell the FJ80 I may be interested, assuming I can offload my RL... Again good luck with sale on Lexus. If I did not need 4WD I would be all over

Ah, man I was hoping you were posting a beat up pos LS400. I want to part one out for the 1uzfe in my Toyota pickup. That one is one of the nicest ones I have seen, and to nice to hack up.

If you decide to sell the FJ80 I may be interested, assuming I can offload my RL... Again good luck with sale on Lexus. If I did not need 4WD I would be all over

Thanks! I'll let you know about the FJ80. On the fence about that one too :D

Ah, man I was hoping you were posting a beat up pos LS400. I want to part one out for the 1uzfe in my Toyota pickup. That one is one of the nicest ones I have seen, and to nice to hack up.

Heh thank you. The 1UZFE is a great engine, good luck with the search!

Convo started!

Replied! :)

Well guys, she's gone :(

Congrats to the new owner, I'm confident she went to a good home (an NWFA member!) :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top