JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$4000
City
Sisters
State
Oregon
Zip Code
IMG_20201205_164725607.jpg

This is a running project car. You can drive it home, but it needs some work to be something you want to drive.

I looked around for a long time to find the perfect candidate for my dream off road adventure/family camper vehicle build. This 2 owner suburban has zero rust and it's in great shape where it counts. I had big plans to do an LS swap, 1 ton axles, manual trans and the works.
Unfortunately, I find myself unable to complete the build in a timely manner and I need a family car. My heart wants to keep it and see the build through, but my head and my wallet say it's time to move on.

I've already spent a lot of money and time on this rig and I'll try to list all that's been done.

New Wildpeak AT snow tires (500 miles)
Enkei turbines (rare and look great)
Complete rear brake rebuild
Complete TBI rebuild
New fuel pump
New fuel filter
New fuel regulator
New air filter
New plus/wires
Converted from r12 to r134a (many new parts, flushed old system)
New Aluminum heater core
Rebuilt/reinforced HVAC box
Installed Killmat and Noico Insulation on floor
Reupholstered rear seats
New battery
New wipers
New IAC and PCV
New coolant reservoir
Recent trans rebuild (according to PO)

A few other odds and ends

The engine is in decent shape. It always starts and runs. There are no leaks and no overheating issues at all.

While this suburban has a lot going it does have its issues.

It's old and has 180k on the clock.

The radio works, but the speakers are mostly shot.

When I converted the AC from r12, it worked great, until the compressor gave out. It's an easy fix and the system will work great again.

The engine runs okay. The old 350sbc has a puff of smoke on start up and occasionally will stall under high load-low rpm instances. Needs a new TPS, EGR, vacuum lines, distributor?

The windshield is cracked

A couple dings and one larger dent. (kind of funny because it had been repaired and then hit again in the same spot by the PO.)

The rear barn doors rattle as the weather stripping is worn.

Some of the old plastic trim has been removed, but I have it all still. (I like the look of the older style without the cheesy plastic trim.)

The the HVAC doors diverter doors are vacuum actuated and don't work 100%. I think I have a vacuum leak because the actuators passed a leak test. This could also be the cause of the stalling issue.

All in all, this is a really good start to a project vehicle, and I wish I could see it through. You got to love the good old American steel.

For an additional price, I have available all the hard to find bits for a 4speed swap.

SM465
Hydro bell housing
Hydro pedal assembly
Manual tilt steering column w/ ignition and keys
Master +slave cylinder

IMG_20201207_142745421.jpg IMG_20201207_142758813.jpg IMG_20201207_142823509.jpg IMG_20201207_143024175.jpg IMG_20190815_145140683_HDR.jpg IMG_20190816_200129847.jpg IMG_20200829_140647194.jpg IMG_20200310_125341082.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews