JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
*Be sure to read my update down below in the comment box! Price drop to $2000!)
when this this is complete, it will be a monster of a race truck!

So here goes. This is a 1967 Chevy C10 project. Has been all modified. Mainly needs just some body work, and some finishing touches. Ill tell about it, and then what it needs.

It only thing original on this truck is the body. It has a 78 Chevy heavy half front, and the rear is a Dana 60 from a 72 Buick Lesabre. It has 373 gears, and the tranny is a TH400/ electronic. The motor is out of a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado. It is the 472. Has been bored out to 600ci, and was dynoed at over 500hp. It's an automatic, but was taken off the column and is a B&M Automatic slap shifte now. Has a quad core radiator too.

It needs a bit of work. It DOES run, and it runs strong! But the gas in it is bad, so it needs to be removed and flushed out. Needs a seat. There was one in it when I got it, but it was not right for this truck so I took it out. Needs the rear main seal replaced on the tranny. I have the part. It's easy to do. Needs a new motor mount, and a Battery. Had some custom work done for the mirrors, and they are not there so it needs mirrors. This would not take much to get back on the street, and it is fast as hell! It is only 2 wheel drive. I love this truck and wanted to fix it up, but just don't seem to have the energy, and time. Too many other things going right now.
As a base, I am looking for $3000. I have tons of pictures so feel free! I will do partial trades, but in the end I need to walk away with at least $1750 in cash. Will do the rest in trade for firearms. Interested mostly in rifles, AR-15, 7mm, 300wm, prefer stainless. But don't be afraid to shoot some offers. I'm a bartering maniac. I am posting from my phone so if you are interested you will have to send me a phone number, or an email and I can send pics. You will have to come and get it. It will have to be towed, or trailered... If you bring a battery, I can fire her up. (and no, I'm not using the gas from the tank!! I use a funnel, and have the line seperated at the fuel filter... Works really well actually!)

Last Edited:
Update: I pulled the tank, and flushed the fuel lines. Put in some good gas and a new ($119) battery with 700 cold cranking amps. Fires right to life! I'll take $2000 as it sits, I'm going to be changing the oil probably today. I will also be putting in the rear main for the tranny soon and changing out all the tranny fluid. But the price goes up after I do that.

03a00ebd.jpg
715eafb0.jpg
036f3694.jpg

So aside from your qord (which im not questioning) how do i as the potential buyer kno wthat this makes 500hp and can you tell me what exactly you have done to reach 600CI? In detail please. What size carburator are you running? What model heads? Closed or open chamber? What manifold. I would like details on the motor please, the full build sheet and who it was done by.

Thanks
Matt

I was told by my brother that I would get asked this. I don't know any of the answers to the question above. I am not an overly car savy person. All the information I have on this truck was given to me by the guy I got it from. He told me that he built it himself. He was an ASE certified master mechanic until he broke his back. The carb is a carter. It says "Carter Competitor" I believe, but I'll get some better pictures and just post them here. The guy that put this together is the one that said he had it dynoed at over 500hp. I guess I should repost this as just fast asss truck instead! Lol the thing sounds like a damn tank...Sorry I don't have a better response than this.

The guy told me a whole load of stuff that he did to it, but it's like he was talking Chinese to me. I respect your approach, and fully understand your point of view, and also understand you meant no harm. My brother told me I would be asked this. I will give the guy a call tomorrow and ask him how it's 500hp. He told me once. I just didn't understand. But I do believe what he told me. I believe it's closer to 500HP than we all think. I know his wife used to race, and this was one of his personal projects. I'll have to ask him if he has the sheet, but he told me that he had it Dynoed, and it was just over 500.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top