JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ready for deer season, this Marlin 336 ADL .30-30, was made in 1948 and has the 3/5 tube. Weaver K2.5 in Weaver rings. I have a few boxes (60 rounds) of ammo to go with it. $375 or offers.

336a04.jpg

This from another thread I posted on, (and hope the "freebie bump" ain't revoked):

My 1948 vintage 336RC happens to be one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned (and rumor has it, I've owned a couple). A favorite recreational activity toward which it is employed is when someone shows up here to wring out their "premier super-accurate bolt action" gun at my range. All due attention is given their gun, praise delivered for its obviously inherent precision on the target, and then I'll go get the ol' West Virginia Whitetail meat-getter.

With a "period-correct" Lyman Alaskan 2.5x scope and post reticle, and the aforementioned Sierra 125g FP Hollowpoints, the ol' "thutty-thutty" will confidently walk all over not only my buddies' gun, but shine against my best fat-barreled varminters in the stable. It has prompted some Great Reconsiderations regarding what is necessary (moneywise and otherwise) for accuracy.

OK, risking another bump. My Dad has one he bought new in 1949 and I haven't checked the Ser # to see if it too might be a 1948. Not too many rounds through it - just used in deer season for a few times and I've had it at the range a few times. It's all you say it is. Very smooth and reliable action too. I'll never part with it.

Edit Dad's doesn't have micro groove.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.